hookless rig

Skjelstad

Reaction score
Eh... Why on earth do you want a hookless rig? Not a PETA-member are you? /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Skjelstad

Reaction score
Using a pva, hookless rig - are you still fishing then? I think not! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

N

NomadPaul

I've got lots of fishless rigs /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

tinca steve

Reaction score
The only hookless rig I know of is one used for eel fishing , where a piece of thick wool is put through the middle of a lob worm with a needle and then said worm is tied half way along its body onto your line , then when it swallows the worm and feels something is wrong and tries to get rid of it the wool catches into its teeth .

R

Roto Fryer

there is also something with a small piece of wood that twists and the fish cant spit it out

Trisantona

Reaction score
Also there is a hookless rig for catching Swordfish,youtrail a lure behind a boatwith a length of coarse string trailing behind,the fish grabs the lure and the string twissels round it's bill and grips ,very effective.!!!! of course if the line breaks the fish is a gonner, not for me paying a small fortune to sit in the shade drinking on a boat while the skipper gets the lure into a fish's mouth then tells you when to wind in ,aided by the boatman who more or less fights the the fish for you using the boats engines in forward or reverse.!!!/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif