best place to shop?

neil smith 2

Reaction score
which web sites are the best to use if i want to spend a load of money on new carp gear?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Look to your left hand side of the page Neil , plus SH13 suggestions.

PREMIER SHOPS <<<<<<<<<<

R

Roto Fryer

where do you live ian? you should go to a shop localy and have a play before spending your money

NIGE K

Reaction score
erics is pretty good but as roto said find somewhere local and try em.

Jay Folly

Reaction score
Whilst you may get a "keener" price on the internet, there are more advantages of purchasing from a local shop.

RETURNS- say you buy a new bed, a leg breaks, with the internet you have to more than likely pay for return postage./forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

ADVICE- a good shop will get out numerous beds, give advice on durability etc,

- a web site will be only offering you a picture with dimentions, whilst the shop will have one to see/try out.

Most shop keepers look after anglers, say you buy a couple of large items, the a few terminal bits, more than likely they will throw in a cople of bits or knock off some cash.

Support your local shop..... one day they might not be there for your urgent need of£10 worth of bait!!!!!!!!!!!!

E

EC

Providing they stock or can obtainwhat you want, thengo tothe local shop!

martin73

Reaction score
I'm starting to find ordering stuff online to be a complete nightmare and waste of time!

I don't really want to mention any shop names (yet) but I'm getting a little more than brassed off by online shops showing what they can sell you but not necessarily having it in stock. At present I have been waiting for a rod bag for about 4months and a rod for 2months so far butI wouldn't be surprised if they set that back a month or two like my rod bag, I was also after a reel and they (the problem shop)advised me it wouldn't be in until July08!I really can't see how some shops can show you all their gear on the website but not have it in stock and then expect you to happily wait months for your goodies /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Yup, it makes me mad and irate, I'm starting to think a quick visit to local fishing shops to be the better bet and you can actually see the stock and talk to the staff often getting some good hints and tips on the way, unlike web based outfits.

So, sorry I can't help on your search for good shops but if you find one, let us know.

Also while on the topic of good shops, would anyone know of a shop review type site that give peoples experiences and thoughts on their transactions? I have had a look around FM for something similar but as of yet I haven't come across it, how about a shop review site mainly for online ordering?

moody

Reaction score
Ithought that fishtec was good ,just ring em up and haggle your ass off, they have got alot more room on price than your local, which is great providing you listen to roto fryer and know exactly what you want !yes fishtec were cheap prompt and negotiable aswell cant fault them to be honest!/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

martin73

Reaction score
Hi moody, looks like you have had better luck than me, they have kept me waiting for ages, I'm still waiting now /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

moody

Reaction score
Damn good point that mate!!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I try to always use my tackle shop unless the itemsI want can't be bought there. Generally if I say ohI can get that shimano of the internet for £95 and they're selling it for £115 after a bit of haggiling I normally get them to match the internet prices anyway.

Deanos

Reaction score
"England Angling" are great to deal on line with.

They also show what they have in stock before you buy. You could always give them a call to check out your needs.

I have also visited the shop as well as buying on line.

Recommended Neil.

Foxy

Reaction score
support your local tackle shops but i always get my gear online as mr local doesnt tend to carry 3 x plats & 3 x shimano lc /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
climax tackle take alot of beating excellent service and very rare they dont have it in stock if your anywhere near the shop take a trip sometime well worth the effort,great lads with loads of knowledge and better still you will struggle to beat them on price anywhere.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gifId like to have the option of nipping in my "local" but any tackle I need has to come from the UK.....to NZ....

So I rely on doing a google on kit, to find reviews, comments from other people that have already bought and tested the gear, and then its a case of shopping around for the best deal. FM of course has a fantastic reviews section!!!

This is made even harder by the fact that most shops wont do "international shipping" so a lot of the bargains are missed....its a shame cos fishing, (general coarse and carping) is taking off big time down here in NZ, the amount of people I know that came to NZ after flogging all their gear because they thought there was no fishing....well its a common line!

If any shop owners are reading this that are happy to do international shipping please drop me a message, as Im sure i can put lots of customers your way!!!

Another big plus for any prospective person willing to do shipping is that we are not generally a bunch of tackle tarts, gear is that hard to come by we are happy with what we can get, so if your looking to sell some "last years" models....thats no problem either...

Last time we were out on the bank we were talking about this very subject and every one of us commented how much we miss that tackle shop "smell" a mixture of maggots, groundbait, boilies and flavours.....mmmm i can almost smell it now/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

So as people have said above, support your"local" shops, you will never know how much you will miss em until they arent there!!!/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

I

Ian Cloke

Neil, as has been asked before, where abouts are you located?