Reel line

MJ

Reaction score
I am looking to respool my carp reels with new line. Not very impressed with the ESP stuff I've had on for the past year, in 14lb it is as thick as rope!

The only lines I have been happy with in the past are Suffix Synergy andBerkley Big Game. I've also used Diawa Sensor, Fox Ironsilk, Diawa Infinity, (none of which really impressed me). Anyone got any better suggestions for arounds 12lbs general carp line?

Nathan

Reaction score
I had 12lb daiwa sensor on both my rods - used at brasenose last weekend. The verdict: It's pants!! I'm going back to Berkley Ironsilk which has never let me down, even the 10lb version is as tough as old boots!

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
I have been using the Diawa infinity HT line very thin at only

ICM120 12lbs/5.4kg 0.280mm 1500m£14.99

This line is supple has very good knot strenght and abbrasion resitance. It is also flourocarbon coated mono which can be a bennifit in certain situations.

Regards

Ian G

Joey

Reaction score
I've not tried Technium but I have been very impressed with Catana.

N

Nobby C

The Tackle Box ran tests on a multitude of lines, don't know if the results are available online though.

I have Catana and pro gold at present, both good and strong, Technium seems interesting too.

John Southgate

Reaction score
I use Technium, never had any problems... but then I still haven't caught any monsters.

F

Fred Bonney

Well I've been useing Krystoniteall season on the Trent with no problem, just respooling with it.

MJ

Reaction score
Cheers lads. I will take a look at the technium, never used a shimano line before.