daiwa sportsmatic Br reel

G

Glen

Hi out there!

Just looking for a bit of advice..

Ive got a set of Shimano 10,000xtea for my small lakes and now am looking for a not to pricey set of Big pits, are these any good... daiwa sportsmatic Br reel?

Peter Webb 4

Reaction score
Like you I have smaller reels for smaller waters.However most of the time I use my Sportsmatics on bigger waters and I have had no trouble with them at all.Good solid reels with excellent cranking power.The only downside is the spools are not quite as good as the Daiwa Infinity X BR spools.The good news is that the Infinity X spools fit the Sportsmatics and can be picked up at a reasonable price if you keep your eyes open.Apart from that I love these reels and probably won't change them for anything.

Peter Webb 4

Reaction score
Glen,don't let me mislead you.The Sportsmatic spools are fine it's just that the Infinity ones are all metal and have a much finer lip which you will get a little more distance from if required.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
I have the infinty BR on my long range marker rod and I have to say I am very impressed with it. The reel has a nice solid feel to it thewind ratio is about right and the bait runner feature is easy to use and effective. I would have no problems with recommending these reels to anyone wanting a free spool feature on a big pit reel. They are avaliable for about £170.00 if you shop around.

Regards

Ian G

Glen Wright

Reaction score
So are you saying, the only differece between the Sportsmatic and the Infinty is that one has a metal spool and the other has a plastic spool? So i could just buy the Sportsmatic with X Infinty spool, and it would be as good as the Infinty BR?

Thanks guys for your advice

Glen

Peter Webb 4

Reaction score
Glen lets be clear a bout this.Both reels are from the same stable.In theory the Infinity X is slightly superior.It is black and has a couple more ball bearings.The Sportsmatic is silver.My personal opinion is I think the Sportsmatic is as good although they do not produce them anymore.The Sportsmatic does have a plastic spool butwith a metal lip.The Infinity X spools would be an alternative if you needed spare spools and you couldn't get any Sportsmatic ones.As I said before,I think they are great reels and I'm sure you will love them

Foxy

Reaction score
my mate has some sportsmatics, nice reels, but i agree with pete, if you have the money then go for the x`s