Flavouring Home Made Boilies

Robert Hodge

Reaction score
I know there is a bait section but its not very active,

AllI want to know is how much 'Van Den Eynde Liquid Super Skopex'

to put in a four egg mix ?? I think this is more diluted than the smaller bottles

so I guess it will need a bit more , BUT, I don't want to overdo it.

Any help will be much appreciated. Many thanks - Bob.

F

Frothey

What's the dilution ratio on the side? If it doesn't say, then start off with 1ml, and then work from there. Remeber, fish dont smell in the same way we do, so what levels you can smell will be totally different to the fish.

Foxy

Reaction score
if its in the big 500ml squeezy bottle, then i would go 5ml per four egg mix as its really a match liquid for adding to groundbait. If its a concentrate, then i would agree with froth at 1ml then experiment upwards

Robert Hodge

Reaction score
Many thanks all.

The bottle I have is 250ml. Liquid Super Skopex. The label says its a"Super Sweet additive for boilie-base m ixes or for an carp groundbait or pellets ".

The recipe I am following calls for 5ml Skopex (K.Nash or Rod Hutchinson ) which I believe are concentrated 50ml bottles. Hence my worry that the stuff I have got is 5 times Less Strong than the one called for , so I need to put in 5 times as much i.e. 25ml per four egg mix???

Perhaps I should cut my losses and go out and buy50ml of concentrated skopex made by one of the above ! ! !

F

Frothey

the only scopex's I'd use are the nash and hutchy ones - both from the same source that hutchy origionally got it from iirc.

what makes you think its 5 times less concentrated? but lke you say, for the sake of a fiver why risk it......