BAIT BOAT OR NOT HELPPPPPP

Richard Mchugh

Reaction score
hello all just wondering if people could give me there opinion on bait boats thinking of getting one but not sure weva or not it is worth it when you can just put a marker float out please could you give me your view on having one and the advantages and not having one and using the marker thnaks all. just wondered how many anglers have them and how many dont cheers all .

Eddy Hoodless 2

Reaction score
HI

as a fishery owner I would rather have guys use a bait boat then decorate bushes with line and leads

MJ

Reaction score
Hey Richard, depends on where you are fishing mate. Eddy has a point, in that if you are fishing tight to overhanging trees, then a boat can get you to where a cast could not, and it's always good to know that you have loosefeed right next to your hook. However, if you clip up your spod and marker, you can still keep your feed tight.

Personally, I prefer to fish where I can cast to, and travel light as I can.

B

Bully

I guess the reverse argument is putting them in the hands of anglers who then drop off baits close to snags and not sit on their rods?

I'd use one though...

Richard Mchugh

Reaction score
thanks all for your comments im just not sure to get a boat or not i understand about getting tight to islands etc but my local hasent really got anythink its just a big open water lol does anyone no of a cheaper one then the procat which is 400 pound but a decent 1 ceers guys for your comments etc appreciate it .

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

Its a pity tackle shops dont hire out boats for 24 hr or 48 hr periods as I would like to try one out but Like Richard find it difficult to stump up the cash for a boat full time. If i hired one and liked it I would save up and buy one.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Been thinking of one myself but can not justify the price of the tecnique boats as i only go a couple of dozen times a year. The cheapest i have found is the Pondskater Orca.

Anybody have any views on this boat.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

It isn't just the margins you could use one for.

Look for clear spots in open water. If you can afford one, get it and learn how and where to use it. I have just been offered a pro-cat for £250. I'm seriously thinking of getting it, as I know the previous owner.

Richard Mchugh

Reaction score
thanks everyone for your opinions yes mate the orca was the cheapest i have found also still quite expensive tho lol i dont fancy building my own iver lol still not sure to get one or not

Azler

Reaction score
i recently bought a dynacraft for £270 and its great, it had its maiden voyage last week whilst on a 48 hour session i still blanked, but the reason i have got it is for breaming on a very large resavoir and is part of my tactics for holding bream once they have come in on the bait as spodding over the fish only ends in tears, the boat eliminates spooking the feeding fish as the place requires small baiting untill the bream turn up.

i dont need the boat for for 95% of my fishing, but its priceless when needed, im really pleased with deciding to get one and i think my tactic will one day pay off, which in turn will be priceless fora new p.b.

dont beat about the bush were only here once!!!

Richard Mchugh

Reaction score
cheers azler for your input mate i think a few of theses ost have made me make my mind up cheers lads for all your comments just another quick 1 as anyone fished the monument in shropshire ive bin looking at it and is sounds great just wondered if anyone has fished it

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Sorry mate no info as places like that are not really my cup of tea. Wouold rather fish club waters which dont cost much more than a couple of day tickets.

Richard Mchugh

Reaction score
or me lol no way anythink that gets them kind of reviews is a no go in my eyes lol thanks for that merv

Eddy Hoodless 2

Reaction score
was thinking about them ,,,,now Im not,,, I shall be looking for about 3 as I want to hire them out on my lake ,,,,,,best look for something else I reckon.

ron hoodless

Reaction score
Eddy,

hello, long time, i guess i owe you and val a big apology for not keeping in touch, i'm so pleased you are living your dream and hope you both are having a fab time and it's all working out for you, please get in touch and let me know how you are doing

Ron

Hoodlessr@btinternet.com