Derby Angling Association

stephen edge

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about Swarkestone in Derbyshire.I believe its run by Derby Angling Association.Has anyone got any info or a contact number. Cheers.

slime monster

Reaction score
hi stephen, it is indeed now run by derby railway now it is a ist rate stretch of water with a variation of depth and species .the gravel pits that are situated by the gravel works are very good . the whole lot was controlled by derby anglers when i fished it . expect barbel chub silvers and depending where you fish good bream and pike i would give alocal tackle shop a ring eg mullarky and sons for more info .

Foxy

Reaction score
are you on about the river or the pit? if its the pit on the left of the causeway as you go into Derby, dont bother. Only fish in there worth having went belly up last year (C scale @ 40+) my mate spent 2 head banging years on there for about 2 trillion bream /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

stephen edge

Reaction score
AAH!,good point,i was on about the pit,its south of Derby and the A514 runs past its east bank and the trent runs across its north bank.Is that the one ?

Foxy

Reaction score
not really one for geography mate, but if your going into derby with the pit on your left of the (prehistoric) swarkstone causeway then thats where the pit is. Theres a few good uns in there i.e 30+ but its a good old size, have a look on google earth or multimap it to get a better idea.

Theres a silty park style lake in melbourne which may be a better bet. Thye sell a ticket for it in melbourne tackle and guns something like 80 a year days and nights. Not sure where you live but willesley is worth a look to, although it does get busy