delkims whats the differnce

Richard Mchugh

Reaction score
hello all me again ive started a few convos now but changing most of my gear and just want advice on everythink im going to buy. the next is delkim alarms im looking at the £50 pound ones and the £80 pound ones.could someone please tell me is it worth it going for the £80 pound ones when the £50 pounds do the same thing or do they lol .whats the difference.in the alarm.and what do people think of the illuminated delkim swingers you can get do they fit the £50 pound ones lol. and what reciver do you have to get for the 50 pound ones. thanks all. welcome anyones comments i here delkims are the best on the market for bite indication are they more sesitive then the foxs or sumat cheers everyone.

Foxy

Reaction score
"the foxs or sumat cheers everyone."

God, what has happened to our beautiful language..

I have got the TXIs and they are very, very good. Why dont you sell your old ones then put your money into one or two new TXIs, or a set of ebay as you can pick them up in good nick from people who go out and get all the gear............

........Than give up two weeks after /forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

If you dont want the reciever, then get the cheaper ones, but if you want to get them later on anyway you might as well do it now as it will cost you more in the long run.

Ramble, ramble, ramble

John Southgate

Reaction score
save up and get the txi+ and the rx pro receiver. got the anti theft alarm which is piece of mind on some lakes...

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
You can get reliable bite alarms for far less than 50 quid.

My angle would be to get cheaper ones, and maybe invest a bit more time (free?),in working out the feeding habits of the fish.

Right time and right places equals more fish on the bank. Expensive buzzers won't catch you a thing. Apart from admiring glances perhaps...

stephen edge

Reaction score
i loved my fox STR's but you can'nt beat delks (including the cheaper ones) espesially if your fishing to snags or at range because your not relying on the line moving over a roller,they sence the vibration,but i suppose they are a bit expensive for whats in them when you can buy a mobile phone with a camera for about 25 quid.

C

Cakey

I rather have a fox any day of the week..................cant stand the sound of delks !

Richard Mchugh

Reaction score
would youmate cakey what about the performance then mate which ones would you have on this

Richard Mchugh

Reaction score
lol i search the internet for fox alarms and i dont no what it is but the only ones that come up are the micron ms and the st. what do people think of the new micron mx2 or the m2s

Richard Mchugh

Reaction score
i have the micron ms at the mo but want to upgrade them not sure what to get i like the delks but there expensive bin looking at the mx2s and the mx are there anymore alarms from fox around the £pound mark for 1

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The Delkims are more expensive than most alarms that’s is true. The high retail price also means the second hand value is also very high unlike many other alarms. However there is an age old saying that you get what you pay for. I have used Delkims for many years and have always found them ultra reliable. (As a coach I am out fishing 4 days a week) The range of adjustment in sensitivity is very handy to cope with the many different conditions we all face when we are on the bank side.The Delkims also offer volume and tone adjustment. The newer Delkims with the twin LED indicators on the high end models TXI & TXI Plus have the ability to set the LED to stay dimly light for extra night time observation. The batteries are standard 9V PP9's available from any garage or paper shop and they last a very vary long time even when you do catch lots of fish with them. The Fox alarms all seem to use a very obscure mini battery which in my opinion has a shirt life and is dam hard to find. Finally I would add that I have used my Delkims in the hardest conditions and they have always worked flawlessly when friends alarms around me have suffered frozen rollers and flat batteries on regular infuriating occasions. Richard spend you hard earned money wisely and buy some Delkims You know it makes sense.RegardsIan G

C

Cakey

alarm.jpg

this is one of my fox's, they are getting on for 20 years old and been well well abused ,they are still going strong

another thing that winds me up is I can go into any tackle shop anywhere in the world and do a deal on fox alarms (and other makes).....try doing that with delks

99% of fox use pp3 batteries the rest use car key fob batteries which I can buy 10 of cheaper than one decent pp3....................................found these without trying

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Ask who provides the best after sales service.

I've used both and my feeling is the older Fox models were good and still are.

But why so many different models when in that time Delkim have stuck to 2 designs not including the optonic and heron conversions?

C

Cakey

Im not in this to promote fox Im just saying there are two sides

I think that fox with so many models cater for all types of fishing and price ranges

N

Nobby C (ACA)

I know ,Cakey, it wasn't a dig at anything or anyone, truth is, if my alarms developed a problem I'd give you a shout anyways. You obviously enjoy soldering fiddly bits of wire, someone has to do it.

My TLBs are as good as gold for my dangling, and my bamfords too.