Which Fish Finder to install in a bait boat???

sashasterling

Reaction score
Hi to all,

Im in need of a little advice, i have recently decided to add a fish finderto myViper bait boat,I have spent too many hours now googling trying to find out how i would install a fish finder into the hull of the boat, I was thinking aboutbuying a Smartcast RF15, buttwo things are putting me off, firstly the range, which i understand you can increase by the way of two mods, and secondly am i right in thinking that thetransducerneeds to be inthe water?

If it needs to be in the water what other fish finders (cheap ones) can you guy recomend or is there a way around that???

Any ideas would be great at this point!

J

If installation is a problem then go for deeper smart sonar you will have no installation problem because it is wireless. It operates on wifi but do note that you will have connectivity issues as soon as the distance goes beyond 80-90 meteres between boat and transducer. Also decrease in temperature also decreases the the signal strength. These shortcomings to exist but its totally upto your decision. Deeper has proven track record and people are happy with it.

phill pohl

Reaction score
usual comments from a couple of clever richards .What is it with these numbsculls do they actually think they are funny as they are actually tedious and boring maybe they are quite young

thecrow

Reaction score
[quote =phill pohl;1442171]usual comments from a couple of clever richards .What is it with these numbsculls do they actually think they are funny as they are actually tedious and boring maybe they are quite young[/quote]

You do know that this thread is over 9 years old and most of the posters no longer post here? The OP hasn't visited the site since 1/6/2008.