What is the hardest carp water in the country?

appyamma

Reaction score
What is the hardest water in the country to catch carp in and why.

F

Fred Bonney

One answer to 2 questions.

The one without carp in it /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

they are all hard on their day................................

even runs waters turn off

The Monk

Reaction score
a water with only a few carp in it is statistically a hard water in which to catch fish from, of course if you are in the right place at the right time with the right bait, then its easy of course. I can remeber my firsy visit to yateley, I was in pole position fishing the pads, at the time it held three carp, the largest being Jumbo at 44lb, I considered this to be a hard water, I did however catch two fish over the weekend, a small bream and a pike both on boilies, wrong place, wrong time, wrong bait/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, I`ve also fished a water which had hard banks and was a struggle to get a rod rest in!!!

The Monk

Reaction score
yeah thats really hard Jimmy/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, having said that i`ve caught carp from under ice

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes but were talking about using a pole/rod and reel, Not with a ice pick and snorkel /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
ice axe Jimmy lets have it right/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
I know originally what we thought were hard waters were the low carp density waters with lots of natural food in them and even today i`m convinced some carp in some waters dont recognise anglers baits as being a food source, they live on naturals only. Over waters termed as being hard can be hugh waters with a few very large carp in them, didnt Wraybury have this tag at one time, Billing Aquadome certain was one in the 70s

The Monk

Reaction score
cakey i`m talking about the days when ray Clay caught his big carp, only around a few dozen 40lb carp werre recorded in Britain at the time and walkers record still stood

C

Cakey

I used to do a 4 day car show there so that would be 86 to 96 and had a few 20's and 30's,never ever see any 40's though

C

Cakey

back then I never knew it as a famous water ,it was just somewhere and something to do to save the boredom

The Monk

Reaction score
just dead mate, they outlived themselves, Jim Gibbinson in his first carp book, The Carp, Richard Walker library out of print now of course, writes about Billinge in its heydays, its a truely fasinating book if you get chance to read it, Jim also writes about the famous Peterboropugh Electricity Cut, these were going waters in the early days of carp fishing

F

Frothey

i remember reading about Ray Clays fish (in the first ed. Carp Fever?) - amazing catch for the time.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
My son Tom has a ticket for Wraysbury, one fish so far this season. the lake held the tench record once, i think i am right in saying.

it had Mary and Marys mate as a couple of its known fish, both now dead, sadly. They say there is around only 8 of the original fish left, but about 40 now with stocked fish and it around 120 acres.