carp essex

tc1

Reaction score
need some advice on a good venue to carp fish on a day ticket or a 24hr ticket with carp mostly in the 20lb up that is not to hard (runs water) near or max 1hr ish away from southend on sea. as im visiting friends there for a week or so.
any help and advice would be great, thanks.

peg two

Reaction score
You could try Northlands park,just going there myself,or Glouster park in Basildon,Northlands aint a runs water tho,saying that both lakes are fishing well at the mo,last week on the cafe lake I was speaking to an overnight carper who had 14 out with sizes up to 18lb,theres bigger ones in the road lake tho if you fancy them,have a look at this link..

Fishing at Northlands

Peg 2

tc1

Reaction score
thanks for the reply mate, checked the website, looks good.do you or anyone else know more venues worth visiting.

tc1

Reaction score
once again thanks, looks a good place as well, which one do you prefer.

peg two

Reaction score
Id personally say Churchgate,Northlands is a public park and alot more noisey,Churchgate is nice and quiet and peaceful with some cracking fish to boot,get there for around 6.45,it opens at 7am,try and get a middle peg and like I said cast to the far bank,you wont go far wrong.

Theres also a toilet/shower room there and a lovely cafe that serves hot and cold snacks,they also have a decent tackle shop on site.

Nothlands has the same facilites minus the tackle shop,but does get busy with kids and dog walkers,but you have the option of the road lake,thats where the big uns are,its up to you mate,lets us know how you get on where ever you end up going.

Peg two.

tc1

Reaction score
thanks mate, I think churchgate will be the one for me.
ive fished millbarn on the reservoir lake with my son twice before and we enjoyed that, lost some bigger ones but got a few to 17lb. so cant wait to get down to churchgate.
thanks again.