What to do with 25 kg of pellets

Reaction score
i have 25 kg of pellets and i will use them for adding to groundbait and spodding.

Is there anything else i can do with these pellets

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
You could grind them down to make pellet powder,for groundbait or paste,make sticks with it.You could put them in pva bags and set little traps for carp.Less is more sometimes with these things.

daniel fox

Reaction score
i was gonna say the same make a paste ad some flavours and hand roll them and boil themthen u got boilies that match ur freeoferings it wont cost u a fortune either make sure u roll them barrel shape or pellet that should work a treat i do the same sort of thing but i use sticky baits pellets and use there boilie pellets on the hair its a sweet trick

daniel fox

Reaction score
no mate if u make the paste with eggs it will hold and go firm only boil then for 45 sec,s

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I was once told only to use the egg white and not the yoke as it binds better. Ive been doing it ever since when making paste up with pellets and adding a little water plus I always put cornflower in with it, gives it a better texture and never goes sticky, moulds firm on the hook too.

daniel fox

Reaction score
mate what pond u on if its any of the baisnose lakes use bright pop ups with a stick an cast as far as u can

C

Cakey

"Is there anything else i can do with these pellets "

yes....................................send them to me

W

Wolfman Woody

Make a paste using the whole eggs and hand roll it into boilies AS BIG AS YOU CAN for cats. 25mm is not uncommon. You might add a little salt to the mix and a tiny drop of flavouring, crab or something. Boil them for 2-3 minutes, a bit of trial and error is needed.

Dry them on a wire tray, a maggot riddle is useful. Freeze until required.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Dry them on a wire tray, a maggot riddle is useful. Freeze until required"

Alternatively, feed them to the goldfish in the neighbour's garden pond and then try fishing with 'proper' baits.

Pellets: the bait of the devil.

[insert large smiling thing - - - - - > HERE]

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Good size.

Can be used on the hook.

Placed in a food processor. Large bowl with blades. This will break them into diffrent sizes which can be added to groundbait giving diffrent break down times.

A trick i use on the river for barbel is to grind as above and then add veg oil instead of water and use in a feeder. If a big cast is needed then had a bit of groundbait.

The reason for the oil is any left at the end of the session will not go of and can be stored for the next session. If water is used then it will go mouldy.

If making paste a old coffee grinder is better than a food processor. They can be picked up new for around £20 or from car boots or church jumbles from a few quid. This will save hassel from the parents when using there expensive kitchen food processor.