The carp are waking up over here

nicepix

Reaction score
The last couple of weeks have seen an increased level of activity from 'les carpes' over here in froggyland. Up in the big public lakes there has been quite a lot of surface activity with fish leaping over deeper water. Today I've been to a friend's lake to clear the sluice and there must have been twenty bubblers spread all over the deep end.

Air temperatures have been between 8 and 12 C for the last two weeks with night time temp's around half that. The water temp's remains around 9 to 10C dependent on wind direction. With medium to strong westerlies forecast all week I might just dip my bread in :)

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The temperatures around my area of Essex east London have not far behind those that you are getting. There have been a far few carp caught since Christmas on my home water. I was thinking to myself only the other day when over there fishing for pike if this mild weather continues I may have a go for the Tench on the float. Last January I had a eight pounder while fishing for live bait on my ten foot light float rod on single maggot.

john step

Reaction score
The last couple of weeks have seen an increased level of activity from 'les carpes' over here in froggyland. Up in the big public lakes there has been quite a lot of surface activity with fish leaping over deeper water. Today I've been to a friend's lake to clear the sluice and there must have been twenty bubblers spread all over the deep end.

Air temperatures have been between 8 and 12 C for the last two weeks with night time temp's around half that. The water temp's remains around 9 to 10C dependent on wind direction. With medium to strong westerlies forecast all week I might just dip my bread in :)

In all reality I don't think they ever went to sleep here in Lincs despite our Northerly location. Had 3 on Thurs on worm . The penstemans in the garden are still in full leaf and there are still water lillies poking their heads above the waterline. It could all change yet though!!

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In all reality I don't think they ever went to sleep here in Lincs despite our Northerly location. Had 3 on Thurs on worm . The penstemans in the garden are still in full leaf and there are still water lillies poking their heads above the waterline. It could all change yet though!!

Yes to that Do you remember last year not that much different to this year in the south east until February right though till mid April one of the latest springs for years everything was a month late in the garden.

john step

Reaction score
Yes to that Do you remember last year not that much different to this year in the south east until February right though till mid April one of the latest springs for years everything was a month late in the garden.
Yes lets hope it lasts. I am getting the best of different worlds. Carp when I fancy-pike when I fancy. That's not forgetting the roach which have feeding like mad.

ronroach

Reaction score
Fella on our local caught a 10lb carp a few days ago. He was fishing worm for Perch.

Ron.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Last Friday when we were trotting the river (as posted) a friend on the adjacent syndicate pit caught three carp to 24.10 in a six hour daytime session - he was into the middle one (19.4) while we were talking to him while warming up our feet with a bit of dry land walking (trotting in the middle in waders and forgot the thick socks and neoprene over socks:eek:mg:) There were only two on the pit and the other guy (whoever he was) was in the wrong place and blanked.