What is the best conditions for carp fishing?

Reaction score
Why not ask : Is there a god ? if so how many ? or Is there life after death ?

Sorry mate but there ar no such thing as perfect conditions as in any branch of our sport , it all depends on so many things on the day , trial and error .

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Same as using the same flavour boilie 2 days running but the 1st day you catch loads and the second you blank, good old mother nature but as you can imagine there a so many different flavour of baits going into a lake that there will be good and bad baits, just have a good selection between sweet and fishmeal and high proteins. A drop in air temperature by 5 degrees would only drop water temperature by 1 degree, then this would effect the fish habits but then different depths of a lake would change this. Carp will bask in the sun as this warms the water temperature. Then you have to take into account air pressure, high air pressure front(as we know the sunny days) SW wind will improve the fishes feeding habits if the has been a low pressure front(as we know the rainy cloudy days) days before. we all know that the cold weather i.e winter time the fishes feeding habit slow down( the fishes natural habits telling it to slow down I.e feeding) as they move less so the body doesnt need to regenerate as much the warmer months. Plus I`ve read somewhere that 4 days after a full moon always seems to be good fishing, I will say this is 99% true as I have tried this quite a few times. As les said trial and error but take all these into account when planning a trip. I havent read back through this so I hope it does make some sense, couldnt care less about speling mistakes.

Reaction score
P&PH,

Have to agree with Les on this one,

The same glorious randomness affects all branches of our sport. Some venues respond quite erratically to changes in temp and pressure, and some more predictably.

If it was an exact science, I'd give up /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

One of my favourite zander spots a couple of years ago on the Warwickshire Avon fished its socks off in bright sunlight with normal or low levels. If I'd followed conventional wisdom, I'd never have bothered trying...

F

Frothey

other way 'round normally, low pressure after high pressure........

high pressure normally gives dry, easterly continental air

low pressure normally gives wet, westerly atlantic air

but it all depends on which way the pressure system is going and where it came from. fish also dont seem to like rapidly fluctuating pressure, ie low/high/low/high within the space of a few days - probably affects their internals.

whether it bothers the fish though is a whole different kettle of, erm, fish! but if i had to choose it would be a warm wet south westerly.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Mr Hunter, best time to catch ANY fish is to be there, cos if your not there the fish arn't where you are./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

wayne bradford

Reaction score
any time for me at the moment as i have just sold my xbox 360 for yet more fishing gear wife not happy LOL

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I remember the two days when I had my biggest ever catch of carp. Air temp was about 14 deg c, wind was southerly, directly from the Antarctic and about 40 mph. Most of the time we fought against the squalls of heavy rain and hail.

But for 12 hours or thereabouts the carp would not stop biting. We took them on sweetcorn and bread flake at about 40 yards distant in about 10 feet of water.

Ultimately we gave up using two rods and used one each, holding the line with the first finger of the right hand. The fish took the bait as soon as it hit the water.

They were not big carp in the scheme of things but we must have caught 70 or 80 fish each from about 6 lbs up to 19 or 20 lbs each. At a little time after that lot I gave up serious carp fishing. I did try and caught a few when Jim Gibbinson came to visit, but it was only a half hearted splodge.