What toys do you take on long sessions

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Dunno if this has been done before.... but on long stays I usually take a couple of gadgets along with me if things get slow....

Kindle eReader
Digi-Radio(with earphones).
Mobile phone.

Winter weekends go a tad quicker with a couple of distractions, specially if it's dark from 4.30pm till nearly 8 the following morning...

Do you take anything like that on a 48hr plus trip....???

ciprinus

Reaction score
strange you should ask, i normaly take my kindle fire, phone and radio but my last few trips i have gone in my camper, it comes equiped with 22" tv + dvd player + satelite reciever+ xbox one + fridge (for cold beer) my best toy yet :w:wh;)

carperjake

Reaction score
Digital radio.
Research material, I do a lot of reading on the bank.
Chess computer.
Fiction books. Not got a Kindle. Yet. Maybe this winter.
LCD TV for the long winter nights, I may take it in the summer too but invariably it doesn't get turned on.

robertroach

Reaction score
I can't imagine a 48 hour trip, mine are usually 4-6 hours max.
If sport is slow I would rather go home where there's plenty of other things to do.
Must admit I don't quite see the point of going fishing and then spending the time with gadgets, but each to his own, I guess.

barbelboi

Reaction score
As above, I usually spend a few hours during the day (10 - 3 or 4) a couple of times a week on the rivers and travel light. Looking forward to starting my season (only a few enjoyable group fishin's with friends so far) in the comming weeks now that the house is almost completed.......

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score

wanderer

Reaction score
strange you should ask, i normaly take my kindle fire, phone and radio but my last few trips i have gone in my camper, it comes equiped with 22" tv + dvd player + satelite reciever+ xbox one + fridge (for cold beer) my best toy yet :w:wh;)
In the immortal words of Mr McEnroe, you cant be serious, Jon, hee, hee.

law

Reaction score
Nothing. Bar a book sometimes.
I go fishing to fish. I'll happily do a week with no mod cons. I couldn't think of anything worse.

wanderer

Reaction score
Fishing itself is a form of escapism, leave the world of comfort behind and follow those primitive hunting instincts that exist in all of us, otherwise it becomes a mechanical reflection of the rat race.

wanderer

Reaction score
Thought as much you old wind up merchant, still ruddy up market bivvy, reminds of that bloke watching match of the day in his giant Winnibago at Grendon Lakes, unbeleivable, surprised he hadnt got a ruddy Butler, the ****.

jimlad

Reaction score
Don't think I've ever done what can be described as a long session. Rarely fish for longer than 4 or 5 hours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eel611

Reaction score
Me too law, doesn't matter how long I go fishing, I take nowt more than a book and a radio. love listening to radio 4 programme 'sorry I haven't got a clue' Probably some fishing irony there as well !!

terry m

Reaction score
For all sessions the DAB radio is my company.

For long sessions, books (proper books not kindles) come along, and of course the obligatory Iphone is never far away.

Reaction score
I usually take my laptop - it rarely sees much action during the daylight hours, but "Netflix and Krill" is a saying that has become ubiquitous with the longer winter nights, especially when the going is slow.

snooozer

Reaction score
I consider a phone an essential item whatever your doing so that only leaves the Kindle with a book on how to tie knots and hypnotize fish, might see about getting my money back on the last part :rolleyes:

Marker

Reaction score
small 10" tv, radio and phone, my radio is just a plain am/fm one, I've found the small digital radio's really heavy on the batteries.