Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Why do you use soya flower for bollies ?

Hi guys, I am quite new to the forum so I don't know if this has been already asked. I made my first bach of bollies and enjoyed making them. I had bought soya flower from a organic shop in Cardiff. But where I am now, in France, it is impossible to find. What is the problem with normal flower ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Why do you use soya flower for bollies ?

What are the rest of the ingredients?

Many European boilie makers do just use flour. Depending on the quality of the soya flour, it's a better source of oils and protein than white flour.
    Gram flour is a decent alternative......
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

I had soya flower, eggs, corn, milk, vanilla oil and mainline flavoring. I didn't understand why boilles aren't made with regular flower. I guess carp must prefer other flowers, I just wanted to check it doesn't cause problems for the carp because I can get regular flower and much a cheaper price.

Blog Entries

Carp could be caught on pretty much anything if you put in front of them when they are feeding. If you want something that will roll reasonably well try

40% Semolina
    40% Soya flour (or Gram flour, failing that, any flour)
    10% milk powder
    10% icing sugar

4 eggs, 10 ml toasted sesame oil and 4ml flavouring to about 500g mx will be about right.
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

5. Default Re: Why do you use soya flower for bollies ?

Soya helps with binding, adds oils and making a smooth paste that'll roll easily without splitting. Compared to other binders like maize flour or regular flour it has a very useful protein content and amino acid profile.

You can normally pick it up in places like modial peche or pacific peche.

Where are you based in France?

Quote Originally Posted by stillwater blue View Post
    Soya helps with binding, adds oils and making a smooth paste that'll roll easily without splitting. Compared to other binders like maize flour or regular flour it has a very useful protein content and amino acid profile.

You can normally pick it up in places like modial peche or pacific peche.

Where are you based in France?
    I live in Medoc but board during the week in Bordeaux. I know there is a pacific peche sort off in Bordeaux, I have never been but wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by nichalex View Post
    I live in Medoc but board during the week in Bordeaux.....
    There's a PP in Merignac where I used to board when working there: Nash Tackle - Carp Fishing Tackle - Store Locator
    Might be worth a wonder-in - don't forget they might be shut on 11/11 - ruined my 'day-off' when working there! - Taxi-fares were triple rate on the day!

I looked on their website. 600 grams of soya --> 3€. 1kg of regular at the supermarket --> 0.40€. Is it worth the price ?

Blog Entries

No - bait ingredients are just re packaged from elsewhere, nothing special about them. Most can be found at feed or grain merchants and health food shops.

i have never used soya flour, however, i did use soya meal

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast