Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    binka Guest

Default Re: Something to whet the appetite...

Quote Originally Posted by flightliner View Post
    Tell him you used it on a (s) tench!
    It's worse than that Mick, I washed it out in the river and put it back before he woke up

Only joking...

It's really in a clear plastic bag inside his holdall with a note saying 'boil wash'

Blog Entries

Haa! Thats ok then, so long as it doesnt say hand wash with omo to add white white whiteness!

Blog Entries

Omo? your showing your age now flight Lol. Even I have trouble remembering that washing powder Lol

Keith
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keith M View Post
    Omo? your showing your age now flight Lol. Even I have trouble remembering that washing powder Lol

Keith
    Kieth you,re right, power of advertising I suppose.
    Years ago at Sheffield poly we had to do a survey on advertising jingles and one liners, omo, murreymints, what did katy used for gravey, that sort of thing.
    One question was " who dresses you best" the answer being Peter pell but one wag at the back of the lecture theatre brought the house down bby answering "mi mam"

Blog Entries

There was a time when "omo" had an entirely different meaning
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

All this thread shows is some of the snobbery in fishing. Its like those who have an idea of the sort of programmes Korda and the likes produce, know they wont like it, but watch it anyway and then critiscise it to death. I find their critiscms as dull as they know they will find the programmes!

Do you know what? I am a fairly competent angler, nice gear (some idea!) care for my catches, look after the bankside, don’t leave rubbish, take others rubbish away, and generally consider myself a man of the countryside.

But, this summer, I had the temerity to go fishing on a free stretch, with 3 other mates, some beers and a couple of take away bbqs. You know, just for some fun down the river in the summer. Midway through cooking the burgers, my rod almost got pulled in by a 3 pound chub! To anyone watching, we looked like pikeys or EEs, or the general sort of oik who 'proper' anglers don’t think have a right to be on the bank! But it was ME, a countryman and proper angler! It hit home how silly our judgements can be.

What I am trying to say is that we all too quick to judge, in what is essentially meant to be just a FUN past-time.

Oh, the irony of me moaning about how people shouldn’t moan!

Tomorrow looks good, I will be up the river.

7. Default Re: Something to whet the appetite...

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    ok look as everyone else is at it I may as well jump in ...production team ? ...you mean like Lights, cameras, Microphones & so on ? ...wouldnt that also contravene rules on excessive bankside disturbance ?

....poor old fishingtv, I think they picked the wrong site to peddle their wares by the looks. Dont give up lads, your doing a stirling job fighting your corner !
    Hmm... no more so than any other Fishing programme...

http://www.fishingtv.com

Available on

iOS, Android, Amazon Fire, Samsung, Panasonic

8. Default Re: Something to whet the appetite...

Well, at risk of stirring up the hornets' nest again, I just thought I'd remind everyone that Carp Wars begins at 5:30 tonight on Sky Sports 3, and is then available to stream from 5:30 on Friday on FishingTV.com.

[ducks a hail of rotting fruit]

http://www.fishingtv.com

Available on

iOS, Android, Amazon Fire, Samsung, Panasonic

Really ? ...I mean …REALLY ?

Look as I feel a but sorry for you , heres a tip for free. Try the same thing but with an episode of something with “Roach” in the title or better still “Centerpin”…if you find something with both in it then you will have hit the motherload.

Good luck !

Blog Entries

Or stick some werthers originals or incontinence pad adverts in it
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast