Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: Something to whet the appetite...

or better still ...an advert for Wherthers incontinence pads…you’ll be minting it in..

Blog Entries

Or maybe even better yet taking constructive criticism from some very experienced anglers, many of whom were are the forefront of the Carp fishing explosion in the UK?

It is undeniable that we need good fishing programmes on the TV, but it is equally undeniable that we also need to show the sport in its best possible light as well.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Blog Entries

To be fair Peter, some of those in the vids are and were!

Anyway, I'm more concerned that rods weren't level, too far apart, handles weren't folded in, and half the rods weren't dipped under water. Amateurs.
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jacobs View Post
    Or maybe even better yet taking constructive criticism from some very experienced anglers, many of whom were are the forefront of the Carp fishing explosion in the UK?

It is undeniable that we need good fishing programmes on the TV, but it is equally undeniable that we also need to show the sport in its best possible light as well.
    The sad fact is that perhaps that is showing angling in the best possible light in terms of attracting people to watch it on TV.

The reality is blokes running around whooping, shouting and grabbing rods is going to be more entertaining to watch than some bloke sat quietly watching a float whilst giving a lecture on how to correctly use an unhooking mat.

Then again your right that they could make some more effort to try and combine the two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    The reality is blokes running around whooping, shouting and grabbing rods is going to be more entertaining to watch than some bloke sat quietly watching a float whilst giving a lecture on how to correctly use an unhooking mat.
    Really, that however doesn't explain how unbelievably popular (and long lasting) was Passion for Angling does it . . . . . while pictures of chaps running about whooping and shouting might appeal to a certain type of Carp angler, I am pretty sure that the vast majority would prefer to see something more . . . shall we say . . . stable?
    Last edited by Peter Jacobs; 03-12-2016 at 06:26.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Having just read all through this thread which was very entertaining I felt obliged to go back and watch the video. My feeling is FishingTV gets a bit of unfair stick but also fair stick. Programmers of fishing these days feel obliged to make it all look exciting and fun which comes over as a bit false because its not most of the time. There would be nothing wrong in my opinion highlighting the contemplating aspect, the scenery, the variety, the nature etc. This does seem to get lost sometimes in the modern medias attempts to make it all look like formula one which we know is contrived.
    A good opportunity lost to show a trailer with these top carpers pulling in some good fish expertly done with a nice backdrop, say a osprey or anything else that might be around. I am not really a carp angler but that would make me want to become one more than this trailer; that would invite me more into the film.
    So, keep going FishingTV, I really hope you do well, you will never please all of the people all of the time however; some more thought into it maybe. A good draft/plan of what you want to show first and then set about producing it.
    Last edited by markg; 03-12-2016 at 09:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jacobs View Post
    Really, that however doesn't explain how unbelievably popular (and long lasting) was Passion for Angling does it . . . . . while pictures of chaps running about whooping and shouting might appeal to a certain type of Carp angler, I am pretty sure that the vast majority would prefer to see something more . . . shall we say . . . stable?
    Well yes it does because PFA in my opinion anyway managed to find the right balance.

Besides if you want to use PFA as an example then I recon your looking at things through rose tinted spectacles. It was following two eccentrics who let off fireworks by the lake side, Jumped 15 feet out of trees WHILST playing a fish, crammed large Carp into hopelessly inadequate landing nets and I don’t remember seeing too many unhooking mats on display either. I could probably find dozens of other examples of “bad” angling practice in it if I really went through with a fine tooth comb.

Point being if you really want to find fault with something you can.

Going back to the FishingTV episode..my problem is actually not so much anything to do with bad angling practice…I am sure they are all good, responsible anglers. My problem is I just find that style of angling video boring, simple as that. I think PFA ...and also the early John Wilson Go fishing episodes are far more interesting.
    Last edited by Philip; 03-12-2016 at 15:55.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Point being if you really want to find fault with something you can
    Well, given the (albeit brief) trailer that wasn't all that difficult . . . . .
    Last edited by Peter Jacobs; 04-12-2016 at 07:35.

Patrick F. McManus

9. Default Re: Something to whet the appetite...

Not really sure if this is a good idea - don't want to kick the hornet's nest again...

BUT - if anyone is curious to see how something like Carp Wars gets made then pop over to Facebook and give our page a like (www.facebook.com/fishingtv).

Paul the Director of Carp Wars is about to do a livestream broadcast from the first day of shooting of the second series of CW, and will hopefully give a bit of a picture of what goes into the making of a high quality (hopefully!) carp fishing show.

Here's the permalink to the video: https://www.facebook.com/fishingtv/v...8919781335545/
    Last edited by fishingtv; 11-07-2017 at 12:42. Reason: adding a link

http://www.fishingtv.com

Available on

iOS, Android, Amazon Fire, Samsung, Panasonic

I am surprised that anglers that advocate the use of ointment, feather beds, for their pets would use their pets in this way.
    I forgot there must be money and advertising fees involved so that OK.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast