Something to whet the appetite...

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Sorry, definitely not for me. Got to the title and 10 seconds in, closed it. I'm sure there is a market for this sort of artificial scripted stuff but not on my tellie or screens.

:eek:mg:

B

binka

Looks like an advert for bad angling to me.

I presume the fella dropping one rod and sprinting off was in order to grab another rod on a different peg, clearly no further than the nine feet allowed between rods? :wh

Unless of course it's abroad and it's just a plain old case of bad angling?

Sorry :(

It just doesn't cut it for me but each to their own, good luck with it.

fishingtv

Trade Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you think that, chaps.

Rest assured that these are some of the top carp anglers in the UK - not bad angling at all - and that there is nothing scripted about the show either. Its raw, competitive carp fishing, warts and all - hence the odd bit of dashing about!

Keith M

Reaction score
I'm afraid I won't be putting myself out to watch it either.

When I saw it I thought to myself "Oh no! Not another light hearted 'Carp' orientated film showing a bunch of Carp anglers trying to pull in Carp after Carp after Carp while throwing banter around!".

They might be 'so called' 'Top Carp Anglers'; and good luck to them if they are; but the average angler out there may probably not even know who they were; unless they too were Carp anglers and read Carp magazines; and why should they?

This format is seemingly fairly common these days.

But Hey maybe it's just me that doesn't want to watch yet another show of this same old format.

I look forward to watching your other fishing films though.

A similar lighthearted competition featuring different species, locations and methods with an emphasis on specimen sized fish would be a lot more entertaining to me and may probably involve a bit more overall angling skill too Lol.

Keith.

Last edited:

thecrow

Reaction score
Not for me it shows angling in a bad light, most anglers don't behave like that and I am afraid I have to agree with some other posters that it shows some rank bad angling, some of the best in the country? nah.

john step

Reaction score
I wonder if these "names" feel embarrassed when they see this.

fishface1

Reaction score
You could cross reference this thread to the "where are all the younger anglers" thread. For the old(er) and fuddy-duddy amongst us this really won't appeal but is typical of what the younger might find attractive. So I'm all for it, 'cos we need to keep the pastime alive....

In my opinion (which I realise is worth nowt!), it's up there with the !***@tter debate. A true angler should take all that nature throws at us, even if it means that we don't always bank a whacker/lump/chunk.....

Frothey

Reaction score
Why would they, laughing all the way to the bank.......

Still, more likely to attract people to the sport than watching some old farts sit around catching tiddlers.....

Philip

Reaction score
Looks great. I wonder what bolies they were using and if it was a chod rig. I hope they spill the beans and throw us mere mortals a few edges !

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator hat: Off, ie personal comment . . . .

Okay, I have now watched this 3 times and have to say I remain decidedly unimpressed.

It highlights anglers being too far away from their rods while "fishing" and does not show our sport in a good light at all.

In one or two scenes there was not a landing net or unhooking mat in sight.

Hopefully constructive comments can only serve to improve the quality of your offerings, which might then attempt to show angling in a much better and more caring light.

Moderator hat: back on .. . . .

cg74

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you think that, chaps.

Rest assured that these are some of the top carp anglers in the UK - not bad angling at all - and that there is nothing scripted about the show either. Its raw, competitive carp fishing, warts and all - hence the odd bit of dashing about!

"not bad angling at all"
Personally I think leaving a rod(s) unattended is a pi$$ poor example for a "top carp angler" who also tutors to set.

Perhaps you'd like to inform us exactly how far apart we are legally allowed to space our rods.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps you'd like to inform us exactly how far apart we are legally allowed to space our rods.

please see: https://www.gov.uk/freshwater-rod-fishing-rules

specifically section 4:

"
Fishing rods

The number of rods you can use at the same time depends on the water you’re fishing in and the fish you’re trying to catch.
You must make sure that the distance between the butts of the outermost rods isn’t more than 3 metres when fishing with multiple rods and lines."

Philip

Reaction score
Elsewhere in the rules it states that one's rods must by "under control" which would b a bit difficult from the bar

Actually it raises an interesting point…is a rod considered “under control” when its in a rod rest ?

I would have thought under control means physically held in a (sober) hand ?