Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Redmire pool

Blog Entries

Default Re: Redmire pool

Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    I always remember reading about the Royalty Fishery on the Hampshire Avon and dreaming about fishing there. When I finally did back in the early 60's what a let down, banks lined with people fishing shoulder to shoulder.
    Anglers with bank stick in hand running for swims when the gates opened, it was a site to behold
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thecrow View Post
    Anglers with bank stick in hand running for swims when the gates opened, it was a site to behold
    --and nubile young ladies in skimpy bikinis on sunloungers ----

Quote Originally Posted by macko View Post
    Can't see it mentioned on here, but Redmire is going up for sale.
    The whole estate apparently.

ATB Macko
    There may be a Redmire up for sale somewhere but it ain't the legendary carp venue.

If I was offered a fully inclusive weeks fishing holiday at Redmire for free i'd decline it, imo it's just another commercial....narrh not for me gent's .

Quote Originally Posted by nogoodboyo View Post
    There may be a Redmire up for sale somewhere but it ain't the legendary carp venue.
    It is according to this weeks angling times.

That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Ok.I stand corrected.
    I just found it odd that googling Redmire for sale threw up nothing and that the official website mentions bookings for 2018 and nothing about it being for sale.
    My mistake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nogoodboyo View Post
    Ok.I stand corrected.
    I just found it odd that googling Redmire for sale threw up nothing and that the official website mentions bookings for 2018 and nothing about it being for sale.
    My mistake.
    That's because it's called Bernithian Court, not Redmire.....

No one is going to buy it as a fishery, too much land and too expensive to make any return. Unless Rob Hales buys it, nets out all the small fish and stocks some decent size fish in. Big Rig, for example - would be nice for the record to come from there again.
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

Quote Originally Posted by thecrow View Post
    I felt a bit sorry for her living her days out in a tank instead of where she had previously been and never understood why the fish was removed from where it was caught.
    The fish would not have been accepted as a record at that time without the production of the body as evidence. As Walker himself recalled in "No Need To Lie" (1964):

"...I resolved that, record or no record, that fish should not be killed. Many, many times I had wondered what I should do if ever I caught a record carp; now I had to decide, and kill it I could not."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Rogers 3 View Post
    The fish would not have been accepted as a record at that time without the production of the body as evidence. As Walker himself recalled in "No Need To Lie" (1964):

"...I resolved that, record or no record, that fish should not be killed. Many, many times I had wondered what I should do if ever I caught a record carp; now I had to decide, and kill it I could not."
    That is exactly right. Walker had to make a huge decision and to my mind it was the right one.

'Ravioli' was just so much bigger than the previous record that it simply had to. be considered and yet Walker, to his eternal credit, just couldn't bring himself to kill such a fabulous fish.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast