Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: method feeder for bigger carp

when you say damp pellets would you go for course pellets in micros or 4 mm ?

or a higher oil pellet , dont normally use high oil except on the hook

Blog Entries

The pellet is really just a carrier of the liquid attractors - I just use whatever I have laying around. Prefer oily ones tho.
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

i thought that would of broken up on cast unless wetted to a mush ?

i wet course pellets for match match style tactics and i know they would not cast the distance .Unless over wetted them and added some bovril and a bit of groundbait

Blog Entries

To be clear :

Pellets in bowl
    Add whatever liquid attractors (or none)
    Add boiling water until just covered
    Leave until cool

Will end up with a stiff paste prefect for casting. I only add other bits if I'm not casting more than 60/70 yds as it can break up on the cast - though most of my fishing is at shorter ranges than that and I want the ball to break down quick to add attraction.

I couldn't tell you what my prefered method mix is, I have a bucket that any old bread gets crumbed into, old bits of base mix, spices, odd bag of fishmeal, grated old cheese, etc goes into. Permanently evolving! Add to that hydrolysed protein, tin of tuna, bit of corn and away you go.
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

that sounds very carpy !

i dont tend to cast far as the lakes i fish have islands on and there around 40 yards out and the other lake will be a bit less as its a long lake like a wide canal.

so in theory could make a mix with groundbait , boilie base mix , pellets and then liquid attractant . never tried using tuna before . does it work well ?

Blog Entries

No, it's rubbish. That's why I put it in there

Lol

Chuck in a tin of tuna thats been in sunflower oil. I also keep the drain off from when the missus and kids have tuna sandwiches - just put it in an old container and freeze, and keep topping up. Can do the same with sweet corn brine.

Really, carp will eat anything.....

never seen anyone using tuna before thats all

thanks i will give it a go

Blog Entries

If you search frothey method fishngmagic you might find an old article at I did, though it may have been consigned to the bin, along with many other great articles by some great anglers when the new site went up. BAD, as the tweeting orange narcissist would say.

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by associatedmatt View Post
    never seen anyone using tuna before thats all

thanks i will give it a go
    Tuna based baits have been around for years. The newer version of L030 (hydrolysed fish protein) is based on Tuna - it's a fantastic, oily, meaty fish.

Its funny how the method often gets associated with heavily stocked waters & smaller fish as it will catch any Carp out there.

I also dont see it as a technique where you have to be casting regularly either. As someone else mentioned I dont see it much different to using a PVA bag and there are allot of advantages over PVA as well.

I actually think many anglers are also too conservative on the size of the method ball as well...I have used some real footballs in my time especially on rivers and fishing in close.

A really large ball dropped in close will be trickling off feed for a long time as bits pull off it in the current...like a mega sized swimfeeder.

A little tip ..if your fishing in close with a mega sized ball and even your 3.5 lb TC whopper stoppers are creaking on an underhand cast then dont be afraid to lob in it by hand ..

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Its funny how the method often gets associated with heavily stocked waters & smaller fish as it will catch any Carp out there.

I also dont see it as a technique where you have to be casting regularly either. As someone else mentioned I dont see it much different to using a PVA bag and there are allot of advantages over PVA as well.

I actually think many anglers are also too conservative on the size of the method ball as well...I have used some real footballs in my time especially on rivers and fishing in close.

A really large ball dropped in close will be trickling off feed for a long time as bits pull off it in the current...like a mega sized swimfeeder.

A little tip ..if your fishing in close with a mega sized ball and even your 3.5 lb TC whopper stoppers are creaking on an underhand cast then dont be afraid to lob in it by hand ..
    what about open bail arm and leave on rests then stick in a mega catapult

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast