Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Solid pva bag without leader

How would you tie up ready made bags without a leader as leaders are banned .

Going to get some bits to give pva fishing a try and going to be using fake corn and going to tie own rigs rather than buying 3 for just under £5

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Solid pva bag without leader

Asking whoever banned using a leader would be a start

Blog Entries

If wouldn't bother making up bags in advance, it takes moments to do them on the bank when needed.

If you are adamant you want to, how I do it is to use a helicopter rig, but instead of a swivel lead use an inline. Use a ring swivel on the end of the line, so that the swivel pulls into the lead, leaving the ring exposed. Then just tie the bag to the ring. Hope that makes sense.

Another reason to use method.....
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

Leaders are banned ? Are hooks allowed ?

I imagine the club bans leaders as they are worried about leader knots not being able to pass through leads or clips and becoming tether rigs.

However I don’t really understand the question. I don’t see what a leader has to do with using solid PVA bags. I use solid PVA bags on rigs with the mainline straight through. I usually just bung the whole lot so hooklink, lead and all into the bag twist the bag round and lash it closed with a bit of PVA tape or string above the lead. (tape is better for this I recon). No need to use anti tangle tube. Although like Frothy said why not just use the method instead.

Blog Entries

Default XRe: Solid pva bag without leader

The comics say you have to have at least 4 or 5 pre tied bags ready, with using lead-core/camo leaders with a loop at the end to a:save seconds when recasting and b:sell more leaders
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

I say to have them pre tied is that once wound in the lead and everything else is all wet and rather everything is all dry before placing in a bag .

I'm sure leaders are banned due to the fact they don't want death / tether rigs

Blog Entries

Use a towel. Or dip the damp lead in some dry groundbait/milk powder/ovaltine/brocacell/worlds your oyster.

Yes good idea once dried towel could just dunk in maize flour or even plain flour . But it seems handy to have a couple tied up ready but think if tie a few lengths of mainline with a big loop in end and a typical sized loop on reel mainline so can loop to loop it on .

Blog Entries

That wouldn't get around a leader ban, and besides there's then 2 more weak points in the line and two loops to pick up weed....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast