New bait

Michael_Bedborough

Reaction score
I'm looking to change my boilies but I don't know what to use so many people saying use a1baits, duster baits there so many I need some advice!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sam vimes

Reaction score
There's no really specific answer to give. Your best bet is to either use what's well proven on the waters you fish, or try something completely different in an attempt to stay a step ahead. I defy anyone outside of the tackle trade to be in a position to have tried even a large minority of the huge numbers of baits from the vast multitude of bait companies. If you've got little else to go on, buying something that suits your pocket and is easily available to you. If you've got personal recommendations from folks fishing your waters, so much the better. Whatever you go for, try to have plenty of faith in it and persist with it, especially if it's something new on your waters.

B

binka

There's no really specific answer to give. Your best bet is to either use what's well proven on the waters you fish, or try something completely different in an attempt to stay a step ahead. I defy anyone outside of the tackle trade to be in a position to have tried even a large minority of the huge numbers of baits from the vast multitude of bait companies. If you've got little else to go on, buying something that suits your pocket and is easily available to you. If you've got personal recommendations from folks fishing your waters, so much the better. Whatever you go for, try to have plenty of faith in it and persist with it, especially if it's something new on your waters.

Well...

That beats my intended reply.

I was gonna suggest trying worms :D

mikench

Reaction score
Having just consumed some Pad Thai Gai I reckon the fish would love it! I stuggled with a fork so god alone knows how you would hair rig it;)

Roto Fryer

Reaction score
chicken and rice noodles ooooh i used to bring a special hand made fish paste back from Thailand for use with my baits ;)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you can get any following recent events ! :D

Funny you should say this. Yesterday I fished and tried numerous baits either on the method or on the float, all with little success. After the recent "worm gate" I've kept a few lobs in the fridge for a few weeks feeding them gourmet style to keep them happy, yesterday one had to be sacrificed and didn't disappoint assisting me with the capture of a 14lb carp.

laguna

Reaction score
The best bait is the one that catches on the day! :D
Seriously though, as Sam suggests its sometimes what the fish are used to, but I would also add that variety is important too as no bait that I know can fully sustain a fish. What they might like one day may be different the next, even hour to hour they can suddenly 'switch off' for no apparent reason.
My advice would be to use two different baits, one on each rod and to use ones that are soluble - which rules out the vast majority of boiled baits containing eggs.

Sometimes it pays to use something a little bit different too!
Good luck.