wanted!!!! lake in france

greendog15

Reaction score
i am looking to buy a small lake in france (around 3 acres). If anyone knows of any or has any information about buying one, any info on fees, licences, rules and regulations, or just anything at all. Any help would be much appreciated.

mikench

Reaction score
God help you!:) I assume you live there! I doubt the French will help but a chat with a local notaire may help. I love everything French but suspect the bureaucracy will be difficult! Best of luck!

greendog15

Reaction score
no i live in the uk but im just looking for somewhere to spend weeks throughout the year, and to rent it out for a few weeks per year

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I concur...
Buying anything of this ilk in France can be a nightmare. I cannot be sure, but I suggest a glide through the net may well produce estate agents of repute, who deal with this sort of purchase, that could help your search.
I suggest you need proper help through the mine field that is the legal aspects.

Speaking French can only be an added bonus if not a necessity, if you buy a water out in the sticks..........................

That said, many others have done it and successfully, so best of luck!!

Philip

Reaction score
I dont want to kill the dream before its even started but my advice is forget it.

Unless you live there, know how to run a lake and know how French bureaucracy works I would not even dip your toe in to be honest.

Put it this way - would you buy a lake in the UK ? ...think of all the problems you would have doing & running that and multiply it by x1000.

robertroach

Reaction score
And how do you think it will go now we are leaving the EU?
I suggest they will make it even more difficult for you - they will be on a mission to be obstructive, the best sport they will have had for a long time.

mikench

Reaction score
no i live in the uk but im just looking for somewhere to spend weeks throughout the year, and to rent it out for a few weeks per year

I can only see difficulties with local bureaucracy, local taxes ( Foncier and possibly D'Habitation), income tax with rentals, health and safety and that doesn't include the UK! Brexit will also have an impact. Buy your licence and stick to day tickets!

The french tax authorities are very keen in my personal experience!:(

ps You do see the odd advert for fishing lakes, with Gites normally, for sale on the fishing mags.

xenon

Reaction score
And how do you think it will go now we are leaving the EU?
I suggest they will make it even more difficult for you - they will be on a mission to be obstructive, the best sport they will have had for a long time.

difference being this-you would be giving them money. that may help, a lot.