Summer Carp Paste Ingredients

magicone

Reaction score
Seen a Recipe for a Summer Carp Paste,

made up of Plain flour, Corn flour, Salt, Sugar, Strong coffee, Caramel flavouring all kneaded to a stiff paste/dough.

Could waste Coffee grounds from a local coffee shop be used as 'Strong coffee'.

thecrow

Reaction score
Cornflour will act as a binder for the paste although I am not sure about using coffee grounds, whatever you use in it try to keep to natural additives as chemical ones can easily be overdone.

rayner

Reaction score
Just buy a bag of swimstim ground bait, no need to make things tricky. Another choice could be ready to mix paste, Some companies produce them.
Of course if you're after some kind of secret stuff then mix away. A bit of trial and error will keep you busy for a good few hours.

john step

Reaction score
Have a look at Laguna web site. He posts on here. They are natural flavours and make very good paste additives. Hours of fun. Recommend the strawberry.
While yo are at it have a look at Korum bait cages. They hold the paste on a hair rig and stop the smaller blighters/silvers nibbling the paste away whilst still allowing the scent to flow out.

Last edited:

benny samways

Reaction score
That sounds like a recipe for a weird cake and I doubt a carp could actually detect any of the ingredients.

As someone else said swimstim groundbait can be made into a paste very easily.

Any fishmeal groundbait really.

If you want to use something from your kitchen cupboards for the carp then try Marmite. This actually has free aminos in it which carp can detect.

Philip

Reaction score
A distant memory of mine seems to recall some anglers using instant coffee in baits as it was very soluable but personally I would not use it. Not saying it wont work just I would prefer to use something more proved like a meaty, fishy or fruity taste.

CSL reminds me of Marmite.