Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default 15lb line, or thereabouts

Hi carpers, looking for a couple of reccomendations for some 15lb (ish) mono, fo me too consider.
    Cheers.

Blog Entries

Default re: 15lb line, or thereabouts

Sensor, cheap, tough and reliable, it has stood the test of time with thousands of anglers using it for years me included.
    •The crow may be caged, but its thoughts are in the cornfield

Thanks for that Crow. Wasn't sure about it as a heavier line. I use in 4lb , and it's great. And the best part,- 8.50 - 9 quid for a bulk spool. Touch.

Blog Entries

I got some daft idea last season that another line would be better than sensor (it was Korum) probably fell for the advertising stuff, it lasted 2 sessions before it was replaced with Sensor, I wont be making that mistake again

another cheap option but well proven and super tough is berkley big game.
    still a great line and much more durable than sensor. sensor needs changing as fairly susceptible to uv deterioration so im told.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dave m View Post
    another cheap option but well proven and super tough is berkley big game.
    still a great line and much more durable than sensor. sensor needs changing as fairly susceptible to uv deterioration so im told.
    Used big game years ago when it first came into the country and had no problems with it, it was the price that made me change to Sensor.

I have always thought that all mono is UV sensitive but at the price Sensor is its no problem changing regularly in fact I would recommend it with any mono as it could pick up nicks that are difficult to see, its always worth running the line through your fingers when reeling in now and again its surprising what can be felt that isn't seen.

I used Sensor for years until about 5 years ago. Changed to Big Game which I think is better. Lasts longer and more durable. If you look after them, both are very good, relatively cheap lines.

Stu

8. Default re: 15lb line, or thereabouts

TBH most bulk mono is much of a muchness in my experience.

Much like most of the other posters I used BG for many years, and would still be using it but then they put the price up and it became harder to find so I switched to Sensor and thats been ok. I still prefer BG but Sensor wont let you down either.

There are some other very good lines out there but they cost significanly more & I dont think the price is justified.

Sensor or Gardner Pro.

You can't go wrong with any of them two.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast