Bite Alarms

steve2

Reaction score
Having been away from carp fishing scene for a few years (40 plus years) what bite alarms would you recommend. Nothing too fancy just reliable and don’t need to be wireless remote.

john step

Reaction score
Have a look at TFG Mag runners £69.99 for 3 at Angling Direct. I know you say you don't need a remote but with these alarms you can put the little plugs (extra) in the speakers and have the alarm on vibrate in your pocket. Very peaceful and civilised.

I have the old MK 1s and they are bomb proof. I even dropped the remote in the water and after drying out still work perfectly. They are identical to the Ron Thompsons .

steve2

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Surprising what you can get without having to break the bank and spend a lot more money.
I did come across both of these on the internet but it’s good to find someone that uses them and knows they will do the job.

steve2

Reaction score
Just checked the reviews on these alarms although identical the TFG alarms are rated better than the Ron Thompson ones. Strange but true I wonder why?.

seth49

Reaction score
I too have a pair of the nash siren s5, got them last year, never had a problem with them,

dave m

Reaction score
The nash s5 are cracking basic alarms, i use them when barbel fishing and occasional short sesh carping nash s5 alarms.jpgrods detail (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

naxian62

Reaction score
Another bombproof-stood the test of time- alarm; Gardner TLB s. Oh and a little tip for speaker bungs, cigarette filters, works a treat.

dicky123

Reaction score
Steve.

Ive just updated mine to the Prologic smx alarms. You can get 3 for about £100, really nice, small with a lot of features, worth a look as I did a lot of research and found these had great reviews. They have snag bars fitted in, and you get a receiver box too. Just look and see buddy.

Rich.