Carp views from across the pond

john step

Reaction score
Good to see you putting the fish back carefully. Please do Google "unhooking mat". The ground looks very dry and hard. Tight lines.

Philip

Reaction score
Move over Mr Bass, those Critter Carp are coming at ya.

The world favourite angling fish makes its move in the American market. Lovely to see.

Wonder if one has been in orbit yet ? :)

Another Dave

Reaction score
I wish I could see what is in just a big blank for me :mad:

Go to the post and click 'Reply With Quote'

You should see the link to the youtube there, or you can just paste the unique code for that vid into youtube's search. In this case it's OeKGS7NffF8

Fishingframes

Reaction score
Good to see you putting the fish back carefully. Please do Google "unhooking mat". The ground looks very dry and hard. Tight lines.

I’ve seen one angler here use the mat. I want to say it only been a couple of years that Canada has been competing on an international stage. And they enforce the mats at all tournaments.

On the flip side of things - it’s slowly turning anglers to the sport. Here in my province though - there’s no limit to how many you can take. You can also use a bow and shoot them....hopefully that changes. Carp are everywhere here.

B

binka

You can also use a bow and shoot them....hopefully that changes.

I really hope that does change, it would take an age to rid the world of Carp just by using a bow.

I reckon some sort of automatic weapon would be my choice, maybe get the Carp going on the surface before unleashing hell and fury with a machine gun ;)

Only joking, of course...

I've gone down a more scientific route and am currently engineering a genetically modified Cormorant.

It's the size of an Ostrich and it only eats Carp ;) ;)

john step

Reaction score
I really hope that does change, it would take an age to rid the world of Carp just by using a bow.

I reckon some sort of automatic weapon would be my choice, maybe get the Carp going on the surface before unleashing hell and fury with a machine gun ;)

Only joking, of course...

I've gone down a more scientific route and am currently engineering a genetically modified Cormorant.

It's the size of an Ostrich and it only eats Carp ;) ;)

SO STEVE......... I guess you won't be taking advantage of the current tackle companies sales on bivvies?:wh

Philip

Reaction score

I reckon some sort of automatic weapon would be my choice, maybe get the Carp going on the surface before unleashing hell and fury with a machine gun

Bows got to be better..that way you can just bung em direct on the bbq as they are already skewered up. ;)

Philip

Reaction score
To be honest I do find it sad...I dont think any fish deserves to be chucked up the bank least of all by Anglers.

Another Dave

Reaction score
A mat would be a good idea if only because you're putting these out on youtube to an international audience.

Jelster

Reaction score
I’ve seen one angler here use the mat. I want to say it only been a couple of years that Canada has been competing on an international stage. And they enforce the mats at all tournaments.

On the flip side of things - it’s slowly turning anglers to the sport. Here in my province though - there’s no limit to how many you can take. You can also use a bow and shoot them....hopefully that changes. Carp are everywhere here.

Mate of mine used to go to Canada every summer to fish for Carp on (I think) the Red River??

He used to tell me about 40lb river carp shooting off down stream and taking an age to land. Sounds like fun in my book!

Fishingframes

Reaction score
Mate of mine used to go to Canada every summer to fish for Carp on (I think) the Red River??

He used to tell me about 40lb river carp shooting off down stream and taking an age to land. Sounds like fun in my book!

There is a privilege here in Canada that sometimes taken for granted. The sheer mass of the country and the low population still makes it very possible to explore and find spots for your own. Half the fun is getting out and exploring to find new water. I’ve read in the UK that a lot of anglers belong to a club on a private lake/pond to fish.

This video we explored a back lake to find fish. There are a ton of carp in there - avg size around 10lbs with a bunch of 20+lbs.

I haven’t targeted them yet and plan on doing some day.

YouTube

Philip

Reaction score
There is a privilege here in Canada that sometimes taken for granted. The sheer mass of the country and the low population still makes it very possible to explore and find spots for your own. Half the fun is getting out and exploring to find new water. I’ve read in the UK that a lot of anglers belong to a club on a private lake/pond to fish.

This video we explored a back lake to find fish. There are a ton of carp in there - avg size around 10lbs with a bunch of 20+lbs.

I haven’t targeted them yet and plan on doing some day.

I heard Lake Ontarios good for Carp. Try near the Power station. :wh:)

john step

Reaction score
Is there a certain type of mat? Could I get away with like a yoga mat, etc..?

One of those thin high density camping mats that go on the ground under a sleeping bag, cut down makes 4 unhooking mats or 3 for those biguns!