The Method to the Method Feeder

chrissh

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, I actually have that very method feeder. I will definitely have a look at those hooks, too.

I have heard some good press about peperami sticks, might chop this up and use pellet bands. Have you tried this instead of a pellet?

Personally I don’t use pepperoni sticks I find them a bit too big for the fish where I fish.

pepperoni sticks must work as a lot of angler use it but saying that how mean time have you been fishing on one day and bagged up then gone back the next day with the same bait and struggled to catch.

I take small selection of bait, sweetcorn, meat, mussel, hard pellet, hooker or soft pellet, dumb bells, semi buoyant & pop ups 6-8-10mm size, and a method mix for the feeder

Have a walk around the lake/pond and see what others are using

JackGE

Reaction score
Yeah, I try to take a few alternatives in case one isn't performing, hopefully one of the others will!

Looking at pellets for the method feeder, I think 2-3mm pellets for the actually feeder and 6-8mm for the hair? I might invest in some artificial baits as the corn tends to get mushed in the mould.

Redeemed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As a newbie/returnee to fishing this year this is what I have found works best for me:
Skrettings 2mm pellets for the feeder - soak for 10-15 seconds then drain immediately - remoisten slightly as they dry over the hours.
I tend to use the Guru pretied hooks with pellet bands, either a 16 or a 14 and have found best results with a 6mm wafter (Ringers). change the colour now and then to keep the fish guessing.
I also use a bait flavourer dripped onto the pellets when they are compressed onto the feeder. Drennan YumYum works great where I fish but I have made my own and they work just as well.
This is just my experience anyway.
as regards a feeder rod I have just bought a Maver Reality 11ft feeder and am quite pleased with it so far for £39.

Jelster

Reaction score
I put some 4mm pellets in a food processor to give me a "base" for my ground bait mix. Just as well the Mrs didn't know :D

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
As a newbie/returnee to fishing this year this is what I have found works best for me:
Skrettings 2mm pellets for the feeder - soak for 10-15 seconds then drain immediately - remoisten slightly as they dry over the hours.
I tend to use the Guru pretied hooks with pellet bands, either a 16 or a 14 and have found best results with a 6mm wafter (Ringers). change the colour now and then to keep the fish guessing.
I also use a bait flavourer dripped onto the pellets when they are compressed onto the feeder. Drennan YumYum works great where I fish but I have made my own and they work just as well.
This is just my experience anyway.
as regards a feeder rod I have just bought a Maver Reality 11ft feeder and am quite pleased with it so far for £39.

Lol have you tried the sonu baits 2mm sticky feed pellets for the feeder, ? they are not to bad, a bit of trial and error at first on soaking and draining, I have a couple of hooklengths ready with different baits,by using quick change adaptor on the feeder it only takes a few seconds to change over, I have the daiwa harrier rod and also a maver genesis 12' for longer range work, For snake lakes it is a 30 year old 7' silstar Kevlar x . I use the yum yum flavours, also the food flavour sprays from aldi or lidl.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I put some 4mm pellets in a food processor to give me a "base" for my ground bait mix. Just as well the Mrs didn't know :D

Buy the milled pellets I think they are by Sonu baits, saves damaging the blades on food processor with hard pellets, that way you wont run the risk of A) the wife finding out and B) having to buy a new processor, the milled pellets are very fine and can be used on there own as a groundbait, ideal for bending the rules on venues that say no groundbait,

Redeemed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lol have you tried the sonu baits 2mm sticky feed pellets for the feeder, ? they are not to bad, a bit of trial and error at first on soaking and draining, I have a couple of hooklengths ready with different baits,by using quick change adaptor on the feeder it only takes a few seconds to change over, I have the daiwa harrier rod and also a maver genesis 12' for longer range work, For snake lakes it is a 30 year old 7' silstar Kevlar x . I use the yum yum flavours, also the food flavour sprays from aldi or lidl.

I haven't tried the sonubaits yet as my first foray into pellets involved buying 12.5Kg of Skrettings which I'm still going through! What are the flavour sprays you speak of at Aldi or Lidl? My own two so far are based on hemp oil with garam masala/chilli powder in or ground fennel seeds/sugar. Both seem to work.

JackGE

Reaction score

With the Stiki pellets, do you have to mix the whole bag with 150ml of water? I think I read it somewhere. How do you soak them? Also, does anyone know if robin reds are good for on the hair/band?

rich66

Reaction score
Also, does anyone know if robin reds are good for on the hair/band?

I use 8 mm RR’s on the hair/band but mainly on the hair. I’ve had carp & bream on them. More bream than anything but that could be I use ground bait in the method.