Condensed Milk

maverick54

Reaction score
When adding condensed milk to groundbaits in order to create a lasting cloud in the water, do you use it neat or water it down?

mikench

Reaction score
Neither have I but it was often called around these parts " stiff t**" . It is very sticky stufff !

stillwater blue

Reaction score
I used to use a can per litre or so of groundbait, so I'd needed to add water. I prefer to dilute the condense milk down with water before I add it to the groundbait as I think it blends better.

If you're using condensed milk in summer it'll turn real quick so it better to mix batches rather than enough for a whole day.

nottskev

Reaction score
Someone once advise me to add powdered milk for feeding calves to the paste, made with egg and ground pellet, wrapped around pellets when fishing for barbel. Yes, it caught fish, but as usual, you couldn't say whether it made a real difference. Mind you, it does sometimes seem that the more effort you put into making/flavouring etc your own bait, the harder you try to catch on it, so there may be an indirect advantage to it.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Never used condensed milk, but I have often used these chocolate and banana milk products you can buy in supermarkets. They probably do work, like some one has said, because you feel more confident in using it, you probably will catch more. One I do use still is coconut milk, find the cheapest you can get, usually around 70p a tin, from the supermarkets. Don't water it down unless you don't have enough liquid in the mix and need a little more. I've even tried Coca Cola before now.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of my favourite slop mixes is sweet corn and evaporated milk, blitzed in a blender.