Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mid range alarms

You did say in your original post that you was not too worried about a receiver and wanted mid-range alarms,

Now you are talking receivers and top end alarms like delkims or Neville’s, it’s probably best to go to a tackle shop and look at what you want for the money you want to spend

Only you can make your mind up on what you need to suit the type of fishing you do, but just be careful on what you do buy do not go buying under gunned or over gunned
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

i use the nash s5 alarms when barbel fishing and they are spot on, and also use the nash s5r when im carping.

both are excellent alarms with great battery life, the s5 isnt very loud but suits my needs when barbel fishing or if you are carping but not sleeping.
    the s5r has a proper volume and can be quite loud, but also has a wireless receiver option so you can have the alarms quite low but then adjust the receiver accordingly if you are nodding off.

s5 alarms Mid range alarms-nash-s5-alarms.jpg

Yeah im.not quite sure what I want to be honest.

I'll be perching a for the rest of the season now as I set myself a goal of getting a 3lber by the end of the season. Then next season ill be back on the rivers carping mostly evenings fishing over prebaited spots with the odd night thrown in there which is why I'm unsure about a receiver as worried I won't wake up to just the alarm.
    But it's only about 60-70 difference for two s5 or s5r.
    And my local shop sells both so im gonna go an have look at both
    Shame I can't get hold of the old wychwood solace ones now as I used to love my old ones

The S5 isn't very loud particularly when the battery is old! Renew the battery however and it will awaken Whitty from his slumbers!

Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    The S5 isn't very loud particularly when the battery is old! Renew the battery however and it will awaken Whitty from his slumbers!
    Although there is a volume control on the s5 isn't really that loud, the s5r is a PROPER volume control.
    Mid range alarms-20181217_122539.jpg
    Last edited by dave m; 17-12-2018 at 19:29.

The one feature on the S5 I don't like is the tiny ie microscopic switch to turn the unit on and adjust the volume! It's difficult to operate with my mits particularly when cold. Mine has started to lose volume even after a battery change! I don't use it much!

I treated myself to a Delkim EV plus which is mid range and without the bells and whistles which I neither want nor need! I used it yesterday for the first time which was a good test for it as it chucked it down with hail! It registered the movement of the line and rod caused by the downpour but ceased to do so when the sensitivity was reduced to zero! I could hear it clearly and all controls are easy to use! Best of all the settings remain the same when you switch off and there are no moving parts.

So far so good.

Dave my S5 must be an early one as the on of switch is tiny and very fiddly to operate. It also functions as the volume control so to switch off you lose the volume setting! The new ones do not have this issue.
    Last edited by mikench; 11-05-2019 at 11:46.

P
    Quote Originally Posted by mikench View Post
    The one feature on the S5 I don't like is the tiny ie microscopic switch to turn the unit on and adjust the volume! It's difficult to operate with my mits particularly when cold. Mine has started to lose volume even after a battery change! I don't use it much!
    Agree the on rotary switch is ridiculously small. I use these alarms when piking in winter and carry a rawlplug in my alarm bag which fits the switch well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12