Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mid range alarms

Fed up of the awful battery life of my pro logic bat alarms and looking for replacement not too worried about a receiver as I am gonna be on top of my rods most of the time.
    2 or 3 rod would be fine as at the moment I have 2 set up on buzz bar one on a single stick (but I dont think I've used it once this season to be truthful)

Edit i think delkim will be to big to store in my normal pocket
    Last edited by Tree123; 15-12-2018 at 19:03.

Default Re: Mid range alarms

The Nash S5 is small and neat! It's also basic but all I need! Batteries last a year and are cheap to replace!

Was going to recommend the Korum k r b 1+ receiver , I got a set of three alarms plus receiver last year, complete with batteries for £55.00. No problems with them at all.

But it looks like Korum have discontinued them, the nash ones are good, had two of them before the Korums.

Korum still sell the alarm sets but I would stump up for the Fox microns in the price range you can comfortably spend and they are weathertight reliable and run on two AAA batteries with good battery life.

Another vote for the Nash S5 I have had mine 2 years and still on the original batteries … I do take the batteries out when finished a day’s fishing

http://
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Cheers the simpler they are the less there is to go wrong I guess. Plus looks like they come with the hatd case which is a big plus for me

Sold out
    This item has been discontinued by supplier and is sold out.
    From angling direct website.

Been looking again. Do the s5 have the have output socket that if I need make them wireless I can use the Gardner kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Tree123 View Post
    Been looking again. Do the s5 have the have output socket that if I need make them wireless I can use the Gardner kit?
    Quick answer no
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

For the money at f the Gardner dongles that not far of the price of wireless alarms.

The other option is buy two higher price alarms now (delkims or Nevilles r3 etc) knowing that in theory if I want a sounder box or 3rd alarm I should just be able to add to my existing set but in thoery the more expensive alarms should last longer
    Last edited by Tree123; 16-12-2018 at 20:06.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast