Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Running rig with anti tangle tubing ???

Hi, a few pointers needed here please.

I am fishing white acres this easter on a family holiday, in the rules for the specimen lake its says no fixed leads
    and a minimum of 18" anti tangle tubing or something similar.

So I am reading this as a running rig of course but how does this work with anti tangle tubing ? - I am not a carp fisherman so any pointers please on this set up would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Blog Entries

Default Re: Running rig with anti tangle tubing ???

"All rigs must be safe so that the fish can get rid of the lead should your line break. All rigs must have a minimum of 18” of anti-tangle tubing or something similar (a safe zone leader). NO FIXED RIGS. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL RIGS ARE SAFE - IF IN DOUBT PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF THE FISHERIES TEAM."

What is a "safe zone"? For carp? So many rules, are you sure they allow you to fish at all?
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Woodhouse View Post
    "All rigs must be safe so that the fish can get rid of the lead should your line break. All rigs must have a minimum of 18” of anti-tangle tubing or something similar (a safe zone leader). NO FIXED RIGS. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL RIGS ARE SAFE - IF IN DOUBT PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF THE FISHERIES TEAM."

What is a "safe zone"? For carp? So many rules, are you sure they allow you to fish at all?
    What is wrong with the free running rig it must be the safest of all ledger rigs surely you are allowed to use that.

Just part of a long list of rules that anglers now face when fishing anywhere it seems.

Just waiting for the any one caught using any type of hook will be banned for life rule.
    And the no fishing for carp in case you damage them rule.
    Last edited by steve2; 29-03-2019 at 11:05.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steve2 View Post
    What is wrong with the free running rig it must be the safest of all ledger rigs surely you are allowed to use that.
    Well yes. The only thing that could hamper it in anyway is this idea of 18inches of rig tube. Must be hell to get so much line through it in the first place. I think I'd spend so much time doing it there wouldn't be any time left for fishing.

Years and years ago, 2003/4/5 maybe, we had a discussion on here about free running carp rigs because some felt that they didn't offer the 'bolt-rig' effect of a semi-fixed rig using lead clips etc. We had one really great and well experienced carp angler, Big Rik (called so for pretty bl00dy obvious reasons), who said that a running rig would still offer most of the benefits of lead clips especially when the fish bolted at certain angles to the lead and main line.

One trick he taught me when we fished together once was to use quick change Gemini link clips to hold the hooklink and covered with a piece of 2mm silicone tubing which then slots into the open end of a lead clip. Because there is no grip between the Gemini clip and the plastic lead clip it becomes a sliding rig (not stopped by a bead admittedly). It does, however, allow you to prepare a fresh hooklink and boily in advance and change it on your rig in seconds saving actual fishing time.

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

On a venue which shall be nameless, the list of rules were legion. I suggested that the notice board which was at least 3' in height listing at least 30 rules could be replaced by a smaller one saying" NO FISHING"

I have not been back! Do golf clubs prohibit the hitting of golf balls in case of injury !

Quote Originally Posted by shane99 View Post
    Hi, a few pointers needed here please.

So I am reading this as a running rig of course but how does this work with anti tangle tubing ? - I am not a carp fisherman so any pointers please on this set up would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
    I presume you put the 18" of tubing on your mainline with a bead buffering against the Hooklink attachment and use a link swivel on your lead which has a big enough eye to slide on the tubing.

I suppose a bailiff or other member of staff at the fishery will show you if you're not sure...

[QUOTE=steve2;1488467]What is wrong with the free running rig it must be the safest of all ledger rigs surely you are allowed to use that.

Yes but with anti tangle tubing Steve

[QUOTE=Jeff Woodhouse;1488464]"All rigs must be safe so that the fish can get rid of the lead should your line break. All rigs must have a minimum of 18” of anti-tangle tubing or something similar (a safe zone leader). NO FIXED RIGS. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL RIGS ARE SAFE - IF IN DOUBT PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF THE FISHERIES TEAM."

Yes that is a quote from the rules Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    I presume you put the 18" of tubing on your mainline with a bead buffering against the Hooklink attachment and use a link swivel on your lead which has a big enough eye to slide on the tubing.

I suppose a bailiff or other member of staff at the fishery will show you if you're not sure...
    Yes that Peter, tubing into the the bead to keep fixed

The simplest way I've seen to rig this up is to use a tulip to mask the swivel, feed the rig tube into the tulip (a dab of superglue can be a good idea), and use a lead with a big swivel eye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast