Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Holdall or Rod Sleeves?

I am looking to buy a new holdall as my Apache is too big but wondering if sleeves would be a better choice as use the barrow all the time so don’t need everything in a holdall, any advice?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Holdall or Rod Sleeves?

I haven’t used my rod hold-all for donkeys years.

I keep most of my rods in their own padded rod sleeves and I have four different rod Quivers which all take different numbers of rod sleeves on their outsides together with a landing net (or nets) and rod rests (or a rod pod) plus occasionally a brolly in the inside of the Quiver or in one of the outside pockets.

I find it much better and a lot more convenient than cramming my rods all inside one large rod hold-all and I think it probably takes less room in my car too.

I also have two of these abbreviated semi Quivers that came with their own shoulder straps (not in the pictures):

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 26-07-2019 at 17:07.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Default Re: Holdall or Rod Sleeves?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith M View Post
    I haven’t used my rod hold-all for donkeys years.

I keep most of my rods in their own padded rod sleeves and I have four different rod Quivers which all take different numbers of rod sleeves on their outsides together with a landing net (or nets) and rod rests (or a rod pod) plus occasionally a brolly in the inside of the Quiver or in one of the outside pockets.

I find it much better and a lot more convenient than cramming my rods all inside one large rod hold-all and I think it probably takes less room in my car too.

I also have two of these abbreviated semi Quivers that came with their own shoulder straps (not in the pictures):

Keith
    Thanks for that. My 5 rod Apache is fine for 3 made up rods but ridiculously crammed if using for 5