Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Carp Fishing as Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by john step View Post
    I have been thinking about this thread today. Without being patronising, how experienced are you? To go from only ever having used a pole to big carp is a mighty leap. Makins to Abbey Lakes a similar jump.

To do justice to the big carp waters and the cost of fishing them you would need the full kit including alarms, multiple rod and reels and a bivvy unhooking mat etc and a big wallet and a lot of patience especially as things are slowing down now the water is cooling.

If it were me I would serve my apprentiship on waters like Makins, getting confidence in landing and the correct care and handling before deciding on the next stage.
    Just a thought?
    Pod Rod and Alarms I've got, plus Bivvy and unhooking mat.

The whole idea as I've already said was to serve my apprenticeship on waters like Makins, then if I enjoyed it, move onto those bigger lakes. When I posted in here, I've not only not had any answer to the question I actually asked, even though answering further questions people have had.

I even specifically said exactly what you mentioned above

If I then continued to enjoy the fishing I was going to move to larger lakes like Abbey Lakes The official UK website ABBEY LAKES - Welcome

You asked me to post in the 'HOW DID YOU GET ON FORUM' but It's fairly impossible when I've not actually had any answers to assist in the purchase. The title of the post is 'Carp Fishing Beginner' I mean, pretty self explanatory.

So I appreciate your multiple posts John, but I'll most likely not return.

Ultimately, I was talking about Carp Fishing in general rather than next week, even if I wait until the weather is warmer as to make catches on the smaller lakes easier to come by to learn the trade.
    Last edited by Carl_1993; 28-11-2019 at 09:42.

Did anyone mention posting on HDYGO NEXT week? You say you havn't used a rod and reel. You wanted advice. You are obviously inexperienced but know a lot. Good luck, over and out.

I never got round to answering your question simply because I don't fish for carp. I have no experience in fishing the waters you fish or the methods you use.
    I would suggest that you would get all the answers you need by reading and viewing other websites and You tube.

To the OP, I’m coming to this a bit late, but did it not occur to you that buying a margin pole called “Edgemonster” and putting No 12 solid elastic in it was a bit of a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by John Keane View Post
    To the OP, I’m coming to this a bit late, but did it not occur to you that buying a margin pole called “Edgemonster” and putting No 12 solid elastic in it was a bit of a bad idea?
    I think the OP has left the building sadly....

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

It could be a wind up. Preston Innovations have never made a pole called the Edgemonster. Also the elastic would have adequate in a snag free margin using the side puller on topkit of the pole.

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    It could be a wind up. Preston Innovations have never made a pole called the Edgemonster. Also the elastic would have adequate in a snag free margin using the side puller on topkit of the pole.
    Preston make the Edge Monster (stupid name, but true)

Blog Entries

I stand corrected, I was thinking of the Response margin pole , which i am thinking of getting, The edge monster seems reasonable price at £134 ,compared to £250 for the Response.

Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    I stand corrected, I was thinking of the Response margin pole , which i am thinking of getting, The edge monster seems reasonable price at £134 ,compared to £250 for the Response.
    Poles that come with top kits with side pullers fitted are a great idea. The Shimano Beastmaster Margin doesn’t but it has reinforced sections to fit your own. I’ve done 3 of my top kits with the Middy Click-In PTFE bush and it’s dead easy.

Blog Entries

Good pole the Beastmaster ,John, What do you reckon to the middy side bushes compared to the preston ones, I have just sold a 16 metre Middy XZ65-2 pole with bottom pullers, the topkits on that could be drilled to take side pullers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast