Fake corn at night

nicky

Reaction score
Anyone had much experience in using fake corn at night.

Had a fish Tuesday night just as it got dark fishing it with a solid bag of pellets so guessing the fish just sucked the lot up.

Going again tomorrow fishing until about 9pm wondering if I'd be better off fishing a food bait or stick with the corn

john step

Reaction score
Not sure what species you are after but I do know there is a fake corn product that definitely worked for me with carp in darkness and poor light conditions.

Fake corn that reacts to ultra violet light. ( a tiny ultra violet light torch to top it up prior to casting.)
It glows in the dark.

Enterprise make it and its widely available.

The Tackle Box do the complete kit. Corn plus torch for under £8.

sylvanillo

Reaction score
Another trick I had never heard of. Definitely coarse fishing is fun! Adding this to my to-try list.

nicky

Reaction score
Thanks John yes carp I'm after and I'm sure they will take the normal plastic at night, I was looking at the low in the dark stuff if nothing else it may add some confidence

The Sogster

Reaction score
I have often used fake corn at night with some success especially over a bed of the real thing.
One fake grain and one real grain does the job for me, the fake will stay on if the fish are grubbing over the real thing.

liphook

Reaction score
The glow corn at night works really well for grass carp too:thumbs::thumbs: