Beginner waggling

Arry innes

Reaction score
Hey everyone. ...beginner here.....just a question of interest really...I've been doing a lot of reading on pellet waggling....one guy said never to use a hair rig as when the feeding starts it can be quite a frenzy..and eyes fishies eyes can get caught on a bare hook??? He suggests hook only bait to counteract this....any thoughts or experience? ?

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I fish pellet waggler quite often when it is the right method to use, generally in the warmer months.

I always use a banded pellet on a hair rig and have hooked hundreds upon hundreds of fish. Can’t recall ever booking one in the eye.

Who is this bloke giving you this information?

john step

Reaction score
There are always some self appointed experts about.

Paste paul

Reaction score
I’ve caught many many fish on the pellet waggler using an hair rig and I’ve never caught a fish in the eye.....
So personally I don’t have a problem using hair rigs when using a waggler ........

rayner

Reaction score
Fish occasionally get foul hooked, we all know this. At times a fish can be foul hooked in the eye, it's not something that happens regularly if it did folk just wouldn't fish with a pellet waggler. I'd just nod your head to what he says then forget what he says.