Rigdemonkey bucket seat

Tree123

Reaction score
But this in carp fourm as it a carpy brand but
Anyone used the rigdemonek bucket seat thing.
Would love to know your opinions as i like the fact you get the trays inside. ( great for storing maggots and live bait).

Old fisher

Reaction score
Hi I've got one, I got it from the Anglers Mail as a prize for letter of the week. As well as the bucket I have got the seat lid that replaces the normal lid on the bucket. It has a folding backrest that looks a bit flimsy but it has supported my 16 stone a couple of times.

Philip

Reaction score
To my mind these new module buckets are basically just a reincarnation of seat boxes and worse at the job.

I don’t have the ridge monkey but I have another similar one. I purchased it for the same reasons as I imagine most people, which was that I saw it as a good idea for roving, my bucket becomes my seat and with trays inside I can carry tackle in it too so consolidating everything into one space.

The reality is that I used it once and now it’s just another bait bucket in the back of my car.

The problem for me was that with the trays inside the effective bucket area for bait becomes a lot smaller …too small for my needs. Second thing I didn’t like was that every time I wanted a bit of tackle in the bucket I had to get off the bucket, take the lid off and so on. A bag at my side with tackle in it was a lot easier and more practical to get at. Third issue was that the bucket was less comfortable than a light weight chair with a backrest.

Finally at the end of the day its a big bucket with a handle …it clonks at your side and is not designed for hiking around with. So after one trip I reverted back to a backpack and lightweight chair plus small bait bucket if I needed it.

Old fisher

Reaction score
On the Ridgemonkey bucket, you have to remove the trays or the seat can't be fitted. I would never have actually purchased one but as I was awarded it for a letter I had written, that was OK by me