Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carp Reels

Default Re: Carp Reels

Complete with :

Carp Reels-image.jpeg

And, as we like a bit of bling in the tropics:

Carp Reels-image.jpeg

In front of the foregrip.

The line guides are minima and the whippings maroon with gold highlights!!!

My name, The Tackle Box and rod specs feature in there as well!

I suspect if I ever turned up at a serious carp lake in the UK with three of those I would be quietly drowned in the shallows!

As Gary of the Tackle Box very politely put it about the prototype: "It grows on you"!

Incidentally, the Daiwa Cast'izm 25QDA is/was in the running because it has red trim!

The 22 ounce reel was this one:

Carp Reels-image.jpeg

Wishing you all tight lines and good health from the 13th onwards.

All the best

Lakhyaman
    Last edited by lakhyaman; 11-05-2020 at 23:52.

Mikench

"Have you seen the film Extraction, a new thriller set in Bangladesh in general and your capital in particular "?

Yes, I have, as has just about any English speaker in Bangladesh.

However the scenes depicting Bangladesh and the capital, Dhaka, were superimposed later and most of the film was actually shot in Bangkok. The actors are Indian and not Bangladeshi. We were a little miffed but the film was well watched nevertheless.

All the best

Lakhyaman
    Last edited by lakhyaman; 12-05-2020 at 00:11.

Those rods look unique and very expensive. You are bound to catch though as all fish will want a closer look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shimano reels all the time, you can’t wrong.

Blog Entries

When I needed to upgrade my carp reels I spent ages checking what was available and asking advice from some excellent anglers who used to frequent these pages; the likes of Wol Gaunt and Dave Roffey and, on their advice, I ended up buying the Daiwa Infinity 5500 BR's.

Despite a lot of use they have always performed pefectly (and still do) and I couldn't recommend them highly enough. When I bought mine they were rather pricey but you can get decent examples on auction sites for around £200 a piece.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

3.25lb TC are into long distance casting tool territory. There's little point in fitting particularly small reels to such rods. All that doing so will achieve is to hinder that casting ability. Even one of the Shimano 5500 mini big pits could be considered as a touch small for such rods. That sort of size reel would be the minimum that I'd consider on such rods.

Bigger reels will initially seem massive to many, especially those rooted in standard coarse fishing territory. My first pit reels were 5500 XTBs (mini big pits) seemed massive to me at first. They seemed to shrink as I got used to them.

The question of Quick Drag, Front Baitrunner spool system, or true rear switch Baitrunner is largely a matter of taste. I generally prefer the latter, but soon got used to either of the former.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12