Wychwood FLTR rod ?

naxian62

Reaction score
Hi all, bit of a long shot, but reaching out to any owners of the above stated rod. I've been using mine with 8lb main line, without any probs. Waters I have been fishing are prety much snag and weed free. So now i'm wondering if I'll be ok with stepping up the line to 12lb for a coupla places that have an amount of weed and fish to around the 25lb mark.
Any input appreciated. An' as ever tight lines.

stillwater blue

Reaction score
It's the 2.25lb TC rod?

I'd happily fish a 1.75lb TC rod with fish of those size. TBH unless you're fishing at 150 years with PVA bags the size of cricket balls most UK carp anglers are MASSIVELY overgunned when it comes to carp rods.

12lb line would be good, you can even step up a bit should you wish. Just drop the lead, keep the rod tip up and the fishing moving and you'll get the carp out. Keep rigs safe just incase

naxian62

Reaction score
Thanks for that SB.
Completely agree with you about the overgunned thing. Those guys are not playing fish, they're just winding 'em in.

Philip

Reaction score
I did a Google and it looks like those are rods designed specifically for floater fishing ?

AT 2.25 TC they should be able to handle heavier lines than 8lb. Allot depends on how weedy the new water is. I would imagine those rods should be able to handle lines of 12-15lb if you needed.