Bait Flavours

F

Frothey

believe it or not, i do actually know the chemistry of it (i passed my 11+ biology /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif)

enzyme's are only part of the equation - hence the digestion comment, where are the enzymes coming from? its not enough just to add them to the bait, theres too many variables like temperature, ph, oxygenation. likewiseits not the enzymes doing the "attraction", they are just a catalyst. its the by-product of the reaction thatis believed attracts the fish - which is why FLAA and SLAA needs sorting if you want the bait to "work". ph balancing is important, but then where do you take the measurement from? the margins? in the silt? in a weedbed? broad spectrum enzymes are expensive things..... best just to dump a load of chilli in the bait

but then tigers still throw a spanner in the works...... or do they just prove it? whats the attraction in tigers? everyone says sugars, but it's more what happens to the sugars in my opinion..... so why not just whack a load of sugar in the bait (like Hutchy used to )

and then you get shelley emptying lakes on nashy chocolate birdfoods...... maybe the fish dont know the chemistry and just want to eat something they like the taste of lol!

R

Roto Fryer 1

ionisation.

there is a commercial bait out there that does just what you state is a major problem. all for 9.50 a kilo /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

goodnight we are 7 hours infront of you in Thailand

S

Steph McKenzie

Hello All,

This is why i gave up the rigmerall of Carp Fishing, to much time wasted on wondering what will work and what won't.

Find a bait you like, stick to a trusted simple rig, do your homework on the water you're going to fish, cast to your chosen spot, sit your bum downand see what happens.

Believe it or not there are no Miracle Baitsout there, To many anglers make it so complicated for themselves they forget why they went fishing in the 1st place.

Regards

Steph.

R

Roto Fryer 1

we are looking for the miracle bait but if we found one i doubt i'd use it!

steph there are many aspects to fishing and bait theory is interesting to some although sometimes you wonder what the hell you are getting into. with some of us fishing is an obsession and thats why we think/discuss/argue about many aspects of our chosen sport when we are not on the bank.

there certainly is nothing wrong with your approach as fishing is about enjoyment and if thats what you enjoy fair play to you.

i am a great believer in relaxing whilst you are out fishing and to this end you wont see me chasing fish all around a lake. i tend to walk the lake first and decide where i want to fish from the available swims and take it from there.

i can also remember catching 20 gudgeon on the same maggot some 40 odd years ago in the grand union canal at Watford. here in Thailand i fish the rivers with a 14ft match rod and a centerpin and i use bread or worm for bait and enjoy it no end. its great fun catching a 10 lb cat on 6lb line and a light rod

F

Frothey

Theres two i can think of, one of those is a bit less than that. Geoff B and Pete Bboth produce them........

Steph -its good to know why you end up buying bait though. I actually agree with most of what Roto says, its just its good to argue..... i mean discuss /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif. Understanding what you are using can only improve your fishing, whether that is a boilie, rod or a stick float!

There are miracle baits out there, its just thatI would need a miracle to be able to afford them, and a miracle to be able to find the right conditions to use them, so back to the tiggers it is!

S

Steph McKenzie

Hi Guys,

Sorry if i was sounding a little cynical, i love the debate, what i was trying to put across was, that sometimes the baits you use already are fine, it's just perhaps you have to put more thought into where you are fishing those baits, rather than having to actually enhance them.

I agree that taking a good look around the water you are going to fish is paramount, you can really learn a lot watching a water before you fish it, and if sitting at your chosen swim and relaxing is what you want to do, then that's all good also.

To many times i've heard anglers moaning that there bait's rubbish or that there are no fish in the lake or that they just ain't feeding, when the reality actually was that they had arrived at the lake chucked a bivvy up, cast there rods out and gave no thought to where they were fishing.

Regards

Steph.

R

Roto Fryer 1

aha the lack of watercraft is stunning in many anglers although we have all had to relax in swims that we knew were a waste of time just to be out on the bank for a while, however, there is no point in moaning about it! use your time looking and learning about the water.

someof the commercial baits are rubbish as are many other things available today. they get away with it because they are able to exploit peoples lack of knowledge.

C

Cakey

theres a saying of mine that Ive used on here 999times

Id rather have a shit bait in the right place than a good bait in a shit place !

R

Roto Fryer 1

that argument is a bit like your bacon cakehole /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

once bitten twice shy

C

Cakey

all I can say is its good job carp arnt like you and Wol and a few others all following what one fat one says and eats...........you are a sheep !