fishing in hertfordshire

M

Mark Bullen

Is there any easy carp lakes in hertfordshire because i have just really started carp fishing,so i can catch one because i have been going to hard lakes and blanking.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Mark, try the canal at Tring, go to Cooks Wharf. It is a day ticket venue and the carp are there in numbers. Also Kings Langley lake, Stanborough lake at Welwyn Garden City and West Hyde at Hatfield.

If you need more info e-mail me. My choice would be Stanborough, it's easy fishing with a good chance of a high double or even a 20.

R

Roto Fryer

where do you live? i am in watford so may be of some help to you may even be persueded to pop out for a session

R

Roto Fryer

this from a man who thinks daiwa are the best rods and we all know that those who think that are clueless

M

Mark Bullen

i think that i might go to stanborough because it is only about half an hour away

R

Roto Fryer

if you can sneak a bait to the ramp you wont fail. holwell hyde is also very easy but there are lots of damaged fish

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
If its Stanborough Mark try fishing large bits of Breadflake on something like a 6 hook, light lead of around 1oz and an open ended feeder filled with either Trout pellets or liquidised bread. It works for the match guys.

R

Roto Fryer

oh yes you should have backleads as there are boats and 70 year old windsurfers
going for it big time and they are quite happy to crash into your lines and even your rods

M

Malcolm Smith

Mark,
Stanborough is a very good carp lake , I usually Put a trout pellet on a band and fire out smaller pellet over the top every 10 - 20 seconds this will bring the carp to the surface. or alternative fish in the long reeds but be ready the carp are fast.
\you could try the lakes a Stevenage Herts that also good for Carp in the warmer weather.
Malcolm Smith

C

Cakey

Mark you could go on Holwell Court Lake if you was old enough but theres no under 16,s thank god