Surface Fishing Is On The Way!

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
i am about to start my surface assult on all my waters, whichis my first choice ofmethod in the warmer months, way above sitting behind alarms.

i feel some people may disregard it as a serious method for carping, (which i did for a while) but for me it has definately, easily out-fished two or even three rod set-ups on the bottom + it is just so much more enjoyable.

one challenge for me will be a day ticket that i fish. its crystal clear at times, can get choked with weed and as far as anyone i know and even the owner knows, fish have NEVER come off the top or even sniffed a mixer. a carp of anysize off the top will be brilliant!!!!

anyone else feel the same about the <u>greatest</u> method for carp????

P

Phillips Jerry

The pond that fish, it's full of small Carp bettween 1lb and 5lb have fed all through the winter on the surface,it's the most enjoyable way of catching any fish

Nik Foad

Reaction score
Love it. The visual connection is superb -the fish sucking down freebies and then watching your bait disappear into that reaching mouth and then theline straigthens out - can't beat that.

But hey I also love a good snooze in the sunshine with my alarms for company.

I'm just happy fishing!!

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
ive heard about all sorts of surface bait alternatives, i.e. cereals, marshmellows and stuff, but mixers are so conveinient and a perfect size for feeding and on the hook. they are quite like pellets really so im sure they go down well with the fish.

has anyone else had particular trouble with a water that wont respond to suface baits???