Local Club Advice - Leighton Buzzard Angling Club

Nathan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm hoping a least one person here will be able to help.

I've been thinking of joining a local club and i've been looking into the Leighton Buzzard Angling Club (LBAC). The waters that stood out to me most of all were Tiddenfoot & Rackley (mainly because of the large Carp & Cats). I've also heard there are some nice tench ;o)

Im after an open & honest view of both the club& the waters on its books so positive & negative feedback are both welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

Red Army

Reaction score
Nathan, I've joined LBAC last year and I'm ready to renew this year. At £35 it offers excellent value for money. Tiddenfoot & Rackley are great waters and as you said not just for cat and carp. The club has also some very nice sections of the river ouzel if you like some river fishing and if you ever fancy catching some carp, bream or caton a NT estate, give Claydon a go, there are even few zander there. I haven't fished Turner's lake yet so I can't comment but the other venues are definitely worth the £35 a season. It's a shame the club lost their agreement with Luton AC over the LB sections of the GUC, because all they need is some canal. So hopefully they'll managed to get some back on their book soon. Then about the club itself don't expect a Newsline or any abundant communication. All the news and updates are made via the website but other than that it's just as good as the other local clubs.

Nathan

Reaction score
That sounds good to me. Have you also got a night ticket for tiddenfoot? How does it fish throughout the year? Is it a case of if you get a couple of fish you've done well or is there a more relaistic chance of a bite or two?

My main target for this year is to catch a tench - Do you know if any of the waters hold a good head of tench, i think i remember someone saying one of the claydon lakes holds a few. I've never river fished nut that it something i'd like to try.

Apologies for all the questions /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Phil Adams

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about joining LB's club, might have to have a drive around and see what the waters are like at some point. Ive been a member of Vauxhalls club for ages, might be goodto change.

Nathan

Reaction score
Well if you have a look around let me know what you think - i gotthis message from the club the other day;

Hi Nathan

Tiddenfoot is much better now a night pass is required. There are also a number of bailiffs who night fish so this helps maintain a quiet and safe atmosphere. Tiddenfoot, apart from 40lb carp and 60lb cats, has produced double figure tench and bream. There are also crucians over 3lb, one of 4lb came out this year.

LBAC