Cheap alarms on Ebay

sagalout

Reaction score
I agree with nige, fox warriors are abot £18 each and I have mine for over a year with no problems.

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
Not much more for the FoxMicron M which has adjustable volume.

Please teach him to do all his tightning up BEFORE he switches the alarms on, that way he'll not annoy every other angler on the bank/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Morespiders

Reaction score
Sound TOO cheap to be reliable, pays your money and takes your chance, think i would go for the Fox's myself

Steve Fowler 2

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think the Fox Warriors look the best bet - the cheap ones seem a bit of a gamble

CARP4ME

Reaction score
I bought 3 sundridge alarms and a receiver off ebay brand new for £50 quid. they have V-S-T controls and you can switch em over to night mode and a led stays on where your rod sits but i never bother to use that.The receiver has T-V controls and leds so you no wich rod has gone offcame in a metal carbon fiberpaded mini suitcase type thing. good battry life and iv used them in some real crap weather and they work realy well. When im resetting my rods just turn the volume down on the receiver and turn back up when im finshed.They came from a tackle shop inChatam Kent and they came quite quick.

Carpless

Reaction score
My mate bought 2 of the sundridge optonics with a reciever. For starters they bleep a minimum of 3 times for one small indication, no single bleep so a bit rubbish when it comes to bite detection. Not that we had much time to find out. In the morning we had a bit of rain and it got into the alarms and they both stopped working. After drying out, one worked again and the other was ruined. Buy cheap, buy twice. Stick to the reputable names when it comes to electronics.

CARP4ME

Reaction score
Well either i was lucky or he was unlucky mine are working fine and i was using mine on a local lake infebuary when we had that monsoon weather for 3 days solid then the world froze over.Can only speak as we find.

tommy

Reaction score
i have lineaeffe mini alarms for over a year no problem at all kee cheap in case your nipper decides he dont lile carping

WesleyPipes

Reaction score
I bought two cheap alarms for £12.99 from ebay a year ago and at first they were ok, but as time went on they got worse and now I generally hear the reels go way before the alarms, even though they were well looked after. Now I'm planning on night fishing I am going to have to buy some better ones as have a habit of being asleep often.

rookie_fly_guy

Reaction score
I brought a syntrasonic bite alarm from my local tackle shop for £9.99. Variable sound levels, or just the leds flashing, and the units survived a fair bit of rain so far. Can't speak about longevity as i've only had it for about two months but it might be a good one to start with and then you can upgrade to a better one in a few months if he likes carping.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
You could get 3 fox micron M alarms of ebay for around 30 quid of course used but fox are quality and very well made on all there range of alarms

M

MCMILLIGAN

Iycf

If you subscribe to IYCF they are throwing in 2 fox warrior alarms and the subscription is £30

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Now that's a bargain, 12 monthly fishing Magazines, with free competitions in and some really good helpful tips, and you get 2 fox alarms as well.
You'd be daft to buy the 2 alarms and not have the magazines as well.

Colin W

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to get some cheap bite alarms for my son to use, has anyone tried these on EBay - any good ?

click here

Cheers Stevehttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-X-MICRO-BIT...8|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
hi mate, a good friend of mine bought a set of the ones that were selling for 40 quid [3 alarms and reciever] there amazing considdering there price still going strong well impressed with them,comes in a nice box with foam to protect everything i dare say they might not last as long as the big guys makes but well worth the 40 quid.[andthats brand new not 2nd hand].ive since bought a set too as spare incase my wychwood ones pack in.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carp-Fishing-...s_RL?hash=item45e9ecf358&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited:

klik2change

Reaction score
I've got Fox microns and i have had them for some years with absolutely no problems. One of them still has the original battery in it! I dropped one of them in the water a few weeks ago. I took no chances, took the battery out and left it to dry. It worked perfectly after that.
They are so good I have decided not to upgrade them, and I have upgraded most of my other tackle over the last year, from my bivvy down.