Day Shelter or Bivvie?

GertR

Reaction score
Hi Guys just a question please.

In the summer time do you guys use day shelters or bivvies?

I want to buy something to start fishing but need some advice please?

GertR

Reaction score
Yes Cakey will be doing nights.

Sorry if it is a silly question but i just want to see what the guys are using before i buy.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Hi Gert,

I have a Nash profile Special for sale, Mint Condition. This is a brolly system, you can use it with the zip in door and Panel, or have it just as a shelter. Comes with ground sheet, pegs carry bag, and the zip in door system, i have also added better storm poles, with spike screw in ends.

I am selling it as my son has a new bivvy, if I don't sell it, it will lay around and not get used,I have had it around 15 months, only been used a handful of times.

Joe Dilks

Reaction score
i would suggest u too get the force 8 specelist so you can use it for both

Carpless

Reaction score
I would suggest to steer clear of the force 8. They are known not to hold up when the weather gets rough.

GertR

Reaction score
Ye dont want to get wet now....../forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

Carpless

Reaction score
To be honest its really about your personal preferences. If you don't mind using a brolly system then by all means. Its a lot easier, quicker to set up and you can move around better. People do use them all year round, especially when they have the detachable fronts.

Me? I'm a wuss. Have to have my Nash Double Top Pro MK2 /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

GertR

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies so far guys.

Carpless would a Nash Wideboy fit into that Double Top bivvie?

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ray Daywalker Clarke wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I have a Nash profile Special for sale....[snip].</blockquote>How much ?

Carpless

Reaction score
In the Professional, No. They do an Extreme version though. Haven't seen one but the specs indicate its fairly big. With the price though I might consider something else as there are better materials out there (not to say its bad). Only reason I have one is that it has a built in groundsheet because as i've said, i'm a wuss. I got my pro for 180 when they first came out though and they seem to be up in the 250 region now.../forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Windy,

I will take £70 for it,and that is a snip. shelter or a bivvy what ever you want.

nik is right about the Pioneer, but your talking bigger bucks, but if you are going to be doing a lot of night fishing, then it's worth paying the extra.

Like your profile pic by the way, are they your wellies the sheep has on ??/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

nik saunders

Reaction score
if you were to go for a pioneer ultralight i would go for the aqua one mate , i had the trakker top spec one and had hassle with them, it took about four bivvies and a wooly hat and polo shirt to keep me happy, i then sold for a 2nd hand aqua pioneers with the mozzie windows, got a great deal and would not swap for anything, when i do just a day session i zip the front off leave that and the ground sheet in the car, night sessions im sorted, i would say aqua best out there, ENGLISH made, not that far eastern stuff /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifbut if ya on a budget mate i would def go for the offer above , /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The cakster has sent me a picture Of Frotheys Shelter last time they were out on the bank
moz-2dscreenshot-2d16.jpg