Korum Loop Tyer How to Use

Peter Goodman

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a Korum Loop Tyer, it is the one with two bars at each end. I have followed the instructions but cannot make it work. Please can someone spell out how to use it for a technically challenged angler!

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Hi GMP,
The tool is just to make your loops all the same size, so,
  1. You form a loop as you would tie freehand, and moisten the line where the knot will be. Keep it very loose and slip the main loop over one prong.
  2. Then the smaller loop (which is where the knot is formed) over the other prong.
  3. Slowly pull the ends of the line to tighten up the knot, this will create a standard size loop and when you lift it off the tyer and tighten down for the last time every one will be the same size..... depending which side of the tool you use.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
As above.

I find them very usefull for tying hair loops in winter when my fingers do not want to work. You can tie a larger loop thn pull it down on the tier to a nice small one.

Peter Goodman

Reaction score
Thanks Rodney and Bryan, I have tried it out and it works! It is easy when you know how. I must have wasted about 5 yards of line trying to do it!

Peter

quattro

Reaction score
I'm not the only one then Goodmanp. I bought the Sensas loop tyer a couple of years ago and gave up after about a dozen attempts. True the instructions were in French, but the diagrams were in English:D
I'll dig it out again and persevere till I've cracked it.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
No probs GMP, it's easy when you know how these things work.

j peg, you'll find it easy after the first time it works for you. They make it easy in winter.

Reaction score
No probs GMP, it's easy when you know how these things work.

j peg, you'll find it easy after the first time it works for you. They make it easy in winter.

Must give these a go -I've got about three different types which I never use ...yet my hooklength and hair rig loops are big enough for performing poodles to leap through.

Poshers:w

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Must give these a go -I've got about three different types which I never use ...yet my hooklength and hair rig loops are big enough for performing poodles to leap through.

Poshers:w
Evenin' P.P. that's some mighty fine loop tying there, very impressive I got mine about 10 years ago free with the A.T.

Reaction score
It's the unfeasibly large hands that are the problem!! Ewitt doesn't have the same issues...he may be a man mountain but he has very dainty fingers...so i was told by one of the guys at Blenheim...think it was Spiller:w:w:w:w:w:w

Morespiders

Reaction score
Err, is it not easier to just tie a overhand loop knot to the desired length without all these gadgets??.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Err, is it not easier to just tie a overhand loop knot to the desired length without all these gadgets??.
You can't make money like that M.S. not the best business strategy there :wh.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

It's the unfeasibly large hands that are the problem!! Ewitt doesn't have the same issues...he may be a man mountain but he has very dainty fingers...so i was told by one of the guys at Blenheim...think it was Spiller
Stealthy trouble making....... nice :D

quattro

Reaction score
I have the same trouble with the hook tyers, I've tried them all but have gone back to tying by hand while my eyesight and clumsy fingers still allow:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I use the Plastic Seymo Loop Tyers to tie all my loops whether i'm using the figure 8 loop or the over hand loop and it is brilliant and easy to use, with it being plastic if i do drop it in the water when tying a new loop it floats unlike some other heavier makes.

Tight Lines

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I have the same trouble with the hook tyers, I've tried them all but have gone back to tying by hand while my eyesight and clumsy fingers still allow
I use the matchman version when using spade eyes, I used to do it by hand but when the old fingers get chilly and numb it's the easy way out.

Wag

Reaction score
You can make your own for next to nothing by tapping a couple of 1.5" round wire nails into a small block of wood ( a short piece of broom handle works). Cut the heads off the nails with side cutters and file off any rough edges - jobs a good un. You can make them to suit your own preferrred length of loop this way.