good to be back and new pb

maver man

Reaction score
There you go mate.
If it ent came through this time tell me and i will post it on this thread ;)
Thanks.

maver man

Reaction score
:)
No worries mate take it easy and i look forward to receiving it :D
Thanks again mate really appreciate it :)

Adam.

Reaction score
Mainly the Medway between Teston and Allington Locks and Mote Park lake. Also used to fish a small lake at a place called Witches Wood near Teston. Think the property is a private house now, but looking at Google earth the lake/pond is still there.

Used to enjoy trips out to the Royal Military Canal especially around Aldgate and the Kentish Stour at Canterbury.

nik saunders

Reaction score
mote park never fished there but always thought there must be some monsters in there, although i wouldnt like to night fish it , i remember years and years ago they used to drain the medway and me and my old man would walk from yalding to the malta pub and pick up old fishing reels and all sorts from the drained bank and of course to move the odd shopping trollie out, did you ever fish a river that run through marden and collier street not sure what it was called but i caught my first fish from marden locks and it was a brown trout.

Reaction score
Fraid not...although I caught my first ever fish from a pond near Marden! I think the river near Marden may be the Beult.

I remember when they used to drain the Medway..normally winter time. I am determined in the next couple of years to have a few days back down there and fish a few old haunts.

Mote Park was an interesting venue...there were/are some good bream in there. The Len runs through it so there is always some movement on the water and a channel in the middle. In days gone by, where the Len joins the Medway by Archbishops Gardens, shoals of big dace used to move up the Len, I assume to spawn, and some good hauls were taken. Bet those days are long gone. The spot where the Len flows in was always one of the swims to grab when we were kids. Shoals of good roach still form in the town centre stretches during the winter.

nik saunders

Reaction score
i did watch a lady once bank a good 20lb pike from the middle of town jon the medway much to husbands disgust lol, i grew up in marden and fished alot of the little ponds round there , when marden was covered in apple orchards and corn fields that is. its gone down hill since i moved from there, did you ever fish linton, or the manor, and of course the day ticket monks there most of the places i used to fish as a kid

Reaction score
Fraid not..most of those venues have been developed since I left Maidstone. Linton park was avenue I never fished but would have loved to have had the opportunity. I also used to fail trying to catch the odd trout from the River Loose at Bockingford!!

GertR

Reaction score
Nik that is a right result there mate.

A Fish of a lifetime.
Well done and hope your health just keep's improving mate.

bill2

Reaction score
Just wanna say, what a result! sometimes God does smile on us. Stay lucky my friend, it is these things that raise our spirits, shortly followed by the rods ;p