maverman t shirt on way

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Hi Adam
Right shock leader first the optimum drop for the spod is from the tip eye to somewhere between the spigot and the first eye on the top section, this will ensure you achieve the maximum arch speed acceleration. The leader should therefore be 6' from the tip and at least five turns around the spool.
I think to be honest at the price you are looking at from all the rods I have been able to try I would highly recommend a Chub Outkast mine have been absolutely bullet proof and can cast a huge range. Coupled with a lifelong no quibble guarantee you can’t go wrong mate
IMG_6975.JPG

IMG_6970.JPG

IMG_5762.jpg

IMG_5786.CR2.jpg

IMG_5808.JPG

PS dont look to closley wt the tummy I was carrying my winter weight LOL

I recently did a coaching event at Horse shoe lake the swim were were put in had a nice spot at about 120 yards I got the chub outkast out and I and the clients could easily hit the spot. During the day the wind got up and hitting the spot became very difficult as we were forced to cast directly into the wind. So I got the long range gresy spod rod out and due to the rods extra lenght and sstiffer action the clients just could not get the range becuase the rod demand a lot of energy to compress the rod enough to accerate the spod.
The conclusion I drew from that was the Chub Outkast despite being low cost was perfect for both experinced and inexperienced angler to get on with and acheive very respectable casting ranges with.

maver man

Reaction score
Thanks mate.
Looks like it the chub outcast and and evo for me birthday :)
Thanks again.
Dont worry about the winter weight it'll sure go if you continue casting into the wind ;)

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Oh yeah nick your t-shirt came its a bit big but ill manage .
Thanks a lot mate :)

Frothey

Reaction score
Right shock leader first the optimum drop for the spod is from the tip eye to somewhere between the spigot and the first eye on the top section, this will ensure you achieve the maximum arch speed acceleration.

you forgot to add that if the rod still feels stiff, lengthen the drop a bit, floppy shorten it.

maver man

Reaction score
he is always talking about his stiff one !:wh
hahaha.
Well who needs a marker when you have that :wh
Talking of marker floating i take it a shockleader is in need for this as well?

Last edited: