Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default help ,anyone used the fox stratos 12000 fs e or the daiwa windcast x reels

hi guys my oldman is fed up with lending me his reels , and im lookin at these two , i have seen the fox in the flesh and look and feel nice and give a nice balence to my rod, but i dont know anyone thats used them , i have also seen the new daiwa windcast they look nice but not seen in the flesh , and im not sure on this quick drag spool , can anyone help as im going to buying this weekend cheers

NIK if you send me a PM or and email adress i would tell you what i know about the FOX reel.
    For some reason i cannot remember how to send you a message on this site?

cheers mate im the same with the pm cant remember how to so here is my e mail addres mate , nik_saunders@yahoo.com , thats nik underscore at yahoo.com cheers mate

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

sorry mate nik underscore saunders at yahoo . com

I cant vouch for the FS1200's but i do have 2 fs1000's and they're brilliant!

how long have you had them mate as i have seen some bad reviews on them makin a nasty noise after a while , but you can never really tell by other forums as i think they just like to slag off things, so is the line lay good , cast nice and would you buy them again mate cheers nik

my only concern with my fs10,000s is that i had to move the shims to the rear of the spool in order to get a nice straight spooling. (as opposed to forward or rear coning of line), and this resulted in the front clutch disc appearing to jut out a little bit. However, I've never found this to be a problem! Line lay is superb, it casts like a dream, and is as smooth as the proverbial ..etc. Also, the clutch is so smooth that for the first time ever, i leave the anti-reverse pretty much permenantly engaged. I do have some shimano's, but will be buying another fox reel when i have some dosh! Line clips reassuringly good too.. However, i'm not exactly the voice of experience here.. but thats my experience

Default 12000fs

Hi mate,id definatly go for the fox reels,ive been using them for about 2 1/2 months now and i can honestly say they are one of the best reels ive used,i was using the 10000s(also an amazing set of reels) before i got these and ive never had a single problem with either of them,everything from the line lay,the smoothness to the line clip absolutly superb,i have no complaints what so ever,hope this helps mate,tight lines, rivercarper1

I have a pair of the 7000e's. I have had them about 20 months and they get used twice a week. I have had them both replaced, and one of them is now making a grating noise when you first start winding in.

One of the reels would not engage the rotor when the baitrunner came off, and one of the baitruner levers broke.

Smashing reel to use, nice line lay and silky smooth.

I have played with both the 12000 and the 10000 reels and love the ultra smooth and progressive clutches. The only down side I have found is particulary on the 10000 they are very very prone to line spin and twist. Apart from that from me they get the thumbs up.
    However given the choise Shimano or Fox I would always go Shimano but thats my choice.

cheers ian i know its sad but the fox 12000 fs e would look the nuts on my rods, i did have shimano navi xta or b and loved the the reels for clutch ect but the amont of time s i found myself takin the spool off because of the line going behind the spool , they where a nightmare for that, loved the bait runner spool , as i said the daiwa windcast have a quick drag spool is this the same as the shimano spool, but i just keep lookin at the fox mate lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast